LXT Demo day January 25th

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

tjintx

A real searcher
May 27, 2012
TEXAS
Louisville Slugger is having a Demo day this Saturday. Click the link below then find a demo location near you. It's a great way for you DD or Son to test out the new line of Louisville bats.

Louisville Slugger | The #1 name in baseball for 129 years

If you go be sure to ask questions. ie.
When did the wrapper come off the demo bats?
How many hits have the demo bats had? Someone should be keeping track...

If you go to a demo and see a bat break or hear of one breaking please report it in this thread so we can have our own record.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Good heads up on this opportunity TJ. I am curious about who you think should be tracking the hits though!!!

Nice thought, but no way somebody is gonna count hits.

Its nobody's job to keep track...its a demo. Nobody is gonna sit there and add up hits...haha. I know I would have better things to do with my time. But hey tjintx...if you have a day to do nothing and wanna sit by the bats and count, I'm sure somebody would let you :)

tjintx

A real searcher
May 27, 2012
TEXAS
Nice thought, but no way somebody is gonna count hits.

Its nobody's job to keep track...its a demo. Nobody is gonna sit there and add up hits...haha. I know I would have better things to do with my time. But hey tjintx...if you have a day to do nothing and wanna sit by the bats and count, I'm sure somebody would let you :)

It was just a thought. Ask whoever is there running the demo. Maybe get a feel for how much use the bat has had. If your hitter takes 20 cuts and there have been 10 girls that have used that bat...... If your not interested then don't get involved in this thread but my feeling is at $300 plus per bat and a record of breakage it's worth trying to get a feel for how these new bats perform or maybe underperform.

tjintx

A real searcher
May 27, 2012
TEXAS
Enter your zip code in the map search. It will show the closest location. It may not be available on every block of every town in the USA. Sorry, Contact Louisville Slugger and complain.

If it doesn't work type your zip in here and I'll look for you.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
It was just a thought. Ask whoever is there running the demo. Maybe get a feel for how much use the bat has had. If your hitter takes 20 cuts and there have been 10 girls that have used that bat...... If your not interested then don't get involved in this thread but my feeling is at $300 plus per bat and a record of breakage it's worth trying to get a feel for how these new bats perform or maybe underperform.

These bats have been out for a while...especially the LXT, not really new.
When you went to an Easton/Demar/whatever demo...did they count hits?

Relax, I didnt say anything wrong. I was actually making a joke about it and you obviously didnt take it as that. Point is, you cant have somebody dedicate the whole time to count hits. I understand where you are coming from and you might like to know hits, but just kinda doesnt work. You are gonna hand the bat out and talk to people, not really gonna write down amount of people or hits.

Also, what makes it hard is...they will have more than just the LXT to demo...I believe the other 3 piece bats will be there as well. Not to mention, multiple weights. So you could have 20-30 bats there. No way you can keep track of lets say...10 LXT's and which one this kid hits, and which one the next kid hits...so on and so on.

Last edited:

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
These bats have been out for a while...especially the LXT, not really new.
When you went to an Easton/Demar/whatever demo...did they count hits?

Relax, I didnt say anything wrong. I was actually making a joke about it and you obviously didnt take it as that. Point is, you cant have somebody dedicate the whole time to count hits. I understand where you are coming from and you might like to know hits, but just kinda doesnt work. You are gonna hand the bat out and talk to people, not really gonna write down amount of people or hits.

Also, what makes it hard is...they will have more than just the LXT to demo...I believe the other 3 piece bats will be there as well. Not to mention, multiple weights. So you could have 20-30 bats there. No way you can keep track of lets say...10 LXT's and which one this kid hits, and which one the next kid hits...so on and so on.

Frankly, the total hits number isn't really that usefull. Practically, do you count the hits by the slappers, sluggers, arm draggers etc. equally? The purpose of a demo is to see how a bat feels and seems to perform (and sometimes, looks) best in your DD's hands. As far as durability, life lives easier if you adopt a mindset that a good bat is good for a year - if it breaks during that time period you get a new one under warranty. If it lasts more than a year, its gravy. Personally, I like buying bats and supporting Core and the other bat guys. If you do some leg work you don't have to pay full MSRP or retail. Hand me downs from older players when they're young and, when they're older, good values in last year's models (which then have a better track record) and trading among like-minded addicts.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Frankly, the total hits number isn't really that usefull. Practically, do you count the hits by the slappers, sluggers, arm draggers etc. equally? The purpose of a demo is to see how a bat feels and seems to perform (and sometimes, looks) best in your DD's hands. As far as durability, life lives easier if you adopt a mindset that a good bat is good for a year - if it breaks during that time period you get a new one under warranty. If it lasts more than a year, its gravy. Personally, I like buying bats and supporting Core and the other bat guys. If you do some leg work you don't have to pay full MSRP or retail. Hand me downs from older players when they're young and, when they're older, good values in last year's models (which then have a better track record) and trading among like-minded addicts.

Absolutely, the whole demo is basically just so you can "feel" the bats. Great point on the slapper and harder hitter when considering the amount of hits. Or all the mishits and such.
To be honest, with people's desire for great performing bats, they are made to perform and the life of the bat is secondary. I tell everybody I talk to, if you get a year from a bat, its pretty much all to expect. If not, thats what the warranty is for. And you are right, you never have to pay retail ever, or even close to it.

And if this year's bats are a little pricey for the budget, you can always buy a new model from last year and save a ton and still get warranty. Still a top of the line bat, just not the newest line, thats all. But for a lot of us, buying bats is fun.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CentralCoastBulldogs