LSU vs Bama

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 7, 2011
Wow -

Best game i have seen this season. Top notch defense. Great pitching. Display of nerves. Then conquering those demons. Finishing with an amazing Freshman moment.

A gem of a game.

Now for some sleep maybe........

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
Agree. I am an LSU fan as I was concerned they would blow it. The look on Fico's face when she walked in the runs made me nervous!
Torino was actually crying after the game.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
Yep...awesome game. I felt so bad for FICO...watching a couple of her strikes be called balls. A pitcher's battle isn't just with the other team but also by the HPU.

Feb 22, 2013
Did I just see what I thought I saw?

It is the bottom of the 8th inning. LSU is up to bat and has runners on 1st and 2nd with no outs. Ground ball hit back to pitcher and pitcher goes to 2nd base for the out. Now there are runners on 1st and 3rd base with one out. During the next batter, Bama decides to put her on 1st base to load the bases and create a force out at home. Here is where I ask did I just see that?

Bama pitcher does not present the ball and then throws the pitch out. Easy call for PU? Illegal pitch and game over right?

Next pitch Bama pitcher steps on mound with ball and hand in glove and removes ball and puts it back in while standing on the mound. Batter isn't in box all the way, PU puts her hands up and calls time out, makes a motion to Bama pitcher about breaking hands and then goes out to mound to talk to Bama pitcher. 2nd illegal pitch right?

Somewhere during the next 3 or 4 pitches, PU walks over to LSU worker on 3rd base side and points to an area of the crowd where someone must be yelling something very negative. My guess from sitting in front of the TV is that it had something to do with an illegal pitch (just speculating).

I thought the crowd and atmosphere was great. If you don't like your child getting heckled, don't let them play in the SEC. LSU crowd is loud and rowdy.

Oct 4, 2011
Colorado
Not to mention LSU has an actual TIGER named Mike, who was at the game! I'd like to see someone try to steal HIM :)

Very impressive game; it is wonderful to see these gals achieve such a high level in their sport.

I was at the game last night and today I am a walking zombie!!

Yes the guy in the crowd was going off on the umpire for all the bad calls he made all night...talk about fired up!!

It was an awesome game and I knew LSU was gonna win when the 1st inning was over. Traina wasn't throwing her best, she was just going thru the motions. LSU was so pumped up before the game it was sick:)

We all knew what was about to go down, you could feel it in the air...

Geaux Tigers:cool:

Any yes, Mike the Tiger was there....rawl

LOVE THE SEC BABY!

Dec 7, 2011
Did I just see what I thought I saw?

It is the bottom of the 8th inning. LSU is up to bat and has runners on 1st and 2nd with no outs. Ground ball hit back to pitcher and pitcher goes to 2nd base for the out. Now there are runners on 1st and 3rd base with one out. During the next batter, Bama decides to put her on 1st base to load the bases and create a force out at home. Here is where I ask did I just see that?

Bama pitcher does not present the ball and then throws the pitch out. Easy call for PU? Illegal pitch and game over right?

Next pitch Bama pitcher steps on mound with ball and hand in glove and removes ball and puts it back in while standing on the mound. Batter isn't in box all the way, PU puts her hands up and calls time out, makes a motion to Bama pitcher about breaking hands and then goes out to mound to talk to Bama pitcher. 2nd illegal pitch right?

Somewhere during the next 3 or 4 pitches, PU walks over to LSU worker on 3rd base side and points to an area of the crowd where someone must be yelling something very negative. My guess from sitting in front of the TV is that it had something to do with an illegal pitch (just speculating).

I thought the crowd and atmosphere was great. If you don't like your child getting heckled, don't let them play in the SEC. LSU crowd is loud and rowdy.

Aha! Now that moment where PU walked to the mound made sense - Holy Crud, I believe yer right!

I was getting very tired and my attention was off for the intentional walk but when the ump went out to say a few words to Traina and they both had a chuckle,....... gee willikers I think you nailed it!

At least LSU won the game regardless..... Good call Sleepwalker!

Oct 4, 2011
Colorado
I was at the game last night and today I am a walking zombie!!

Yes the guy in the crowd was going off on the umpire for all the bad calls he made all night...talk about fired up!!

It was an awesome game and I knew LSU was gonna win when the 1st inning was over. Traina wasn't throwing her best, she was just going thru the motions. LSU was so pumped up before the game it was sick:)

We all knew what was about to go down, you could feel it in the air...

Geaux Tigers:cool:

Any yes, Mike the Tiger was there....rawl

LOVE THE SEC BABY!

Wow! So cool! I'm a little starstruck - you are very lucky to be able to see games like this in person! Mike the Tiger is AWESOME!!!

Feb 19, 2012
West US
Can't believe the PU gave her a warning, as soon as I saw her walk out I was hitting rewind. The HBP during the 7th to tie...tough break for LSU since the batter was hanging over the line. Lad to see LSU won in the end, it was the right outcome.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06