Louisville Slugger warranty turnaround time?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Our bat is due to be delivered to us on Monday. It could have been worse....but it could have been better. It spent 7 days at LS before the replacement shipped. Doesn't seem like it should take that long. Either they have too many bats coming back or not enough people processing them (or both). For the money spent on these bats, and given it was only 2 months old before it developed a problem, there should be a little more urgency on the manufacturers part to replace it. Most good online retailers can process your order and ship out a bat in 24 hours...shouldn't take a week.

Why does your bat, breaking in 2 months, have any more priority than somebody else's bat that broke in 11 months?

A retailer is much different than a manufacturer. A retailer has a few bats to send out and no inspection is needed. You order, goes
thru their system and they grab the bat, label and out. And nothing is coming back into them.

A manufacturer is looking at every bat coming in and inspect for any wrong doing shall we say. They also have to VERIFY receipts and
store and authorization numbers. And they are also getting hundreds and hundreds of bats coming in to stock as replacements on top of sending them out to customers.

You think this is just a oh, your bat comes in, some guy walks over and grabs a new bat and sends out. Its not.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I just want to put some of this in perspective for people. These are the two biggest
fp bat manufacturers in the business. But not only Fp bats, but also have slowpitch
and baseball running thru the same warranty dept, and slowpitch isn't small.

How many bats do you think they sell a year combined? Talking every model fp bat, every model sp, every model baseball. A lot...right? Now add in all the older models that break as well that still have a legit receipt...so basically all of last years bats as well along with some older bats that people buy legit AND all the fraud returns that get sent in and get thru.

Now maybe you might have an idea of how many possible bats could get returned in a year even if only 15-25% get returned for warranty. And yes, one more thing, there are hotter times in the year where more people are playing/hence, breaking bats.

I do understand the frustration of having to wait 10-15 days for a bat sometimes, but in the scheme of things, not
that bad.

Feb 8, 2013
My feeling on the LS process is based on a direct comparison to my past experience a couple of years ago with Easton, who seemed a lot more concerned with rectifying the problem, provided a prepaid mailing label via email, and had a replacement mailed out within a couple of days of receiving the defective bat. I have no idea how big of a company Easton is compared to LS but would guess they are even bigger, given their monopoly on the baseball market. I guess I had my hopes up given that previous posts indicated that LS would turn the bat around extremely quick. I am very happy with LS from a performance perspective, but I have to start to question the durability. This is now 2 out of 3 LS bats my daughter has owned that have developed problems at the connection. I'd be more understanding if it happened after a full season of use, but both were bought over the winter and used lightly during BP before developing the problem.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Easton is NOT the volume that AmerSports is when you add in all sports. Easton is nowhere near the FP and SP market
and baseball bats are much different in returns.

Sorry you didn't get your free replacement in 3 days. Let me know when you go back to Easton bats
just because they are a couple days quicker in replacement.

Feb 8, 2013
Easton is NOT the volume that AmerSports is when you add in all sports. Easton is nowhere near the FP and SP market
and baseball bats are much different in returns.

Sorry you didn't get your free replacement in 3 days. Let me know when you go back to Easton bats
just because they are a couple days quicker in replacement.
Core...I'm going to drop out of this discussion. I'm not sure why you are picking my posts apart. I simply joined in on a discussion with some others who were expressing frustration with the warranty replacement process at LS. I don't typically post much on this forum, despite coming here daily, but joined in on this due to the fact that some others were going through the same process as me, at the same time.
I understand you work in the industry. Your insight here is certainly very much appreciated by me and others. I can have my own opinions as a consumer and I feel LS could streamline the process. Just this week I spoke with other parents who had issues with Easton bats and had far better experiences. Will I buy Easton? Not likely...unless my daughter changes her preference on bats. But it doesn't change the fact that their customer service is much better.
Clearly something changed recently...this thread started with several posters saying they received replacement in a couple of days. Unfortunately that is no longer the case.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01