Looking for hitting guidance

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 31, 2015
Also, I thought I should post a video of my other DD (twin sister), I actually see some things here that my untrained eye think is an improvement over her sister. Still I think they will both benefit from a lot of swing work!

http://youtu.be/W9N2j-PUNq0

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
Doing a little cleanup today. For those participating in the thread and wondering, I deleted references to posts from our persistent troll after deleting all his posts. Carry on!

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Doing a little cleanup today. For those participating in the thread and wondering, I deleted references to posts from our persistent troll after deleting all his posts. Carry on!

tumblr_m3js4hZzzB1qf5smno1_400.gif

Also checking if I'm still here.....:eek:

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
I support this verdict, but while RDB certainly is no troll and should not be banned, I believe "fine" is a relative term that most people would not use to describe RDB or most other DFP members with 1000+ post counts.

Ha ha! I make no value judgments. Simply an evaluation of adherence to the rules and requirements of DFP.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
RD...can I have a gif of her last swing...thanks

When you set up think about the elbows resting on a high tabletop, a table top chest high. (relax the shoulders)... The elbows want to be level or the back elbow just slightly higher, like my daughter at setup.

Kind of like the roof of a house.
The elbows should work together in the swing and for the most part stay the same distance apart, until you release the wrists to impact.

Your Daughter, At set up, back elbow lower, front elbow higher and then you promote bat drag. (back elbow folding underneath) Loose elbow spacing, Then the front elbow flies' out early.
379204]
tumblr_o3fu21ac2V1usf292o1_250.gif

So give your daughter the simple set up of elbows level or what I like is the back elbow a tad higher which should drop that front shoulder just a tad.(like my daughter)

See how she, your DD will hit the ball better, with that setup and will automatically have less bat drag, or no bat drag, if she can maintain the elbow spacing:D

Straightleg

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
The elbows should work together in the swing and for the most part stay the same distance apart, until you release the wrists to impact.

I tend to agree with this, but not rigidly. Some change in distance is okay during the swing, but a significant shortening of that distance (collapsing the elbows together) is a problem. Likewise, firmly maintaining elbow separation can also lead to issues.

May 31, 2015
Ok, so on number two, start with higher back elbow and try to keep the spacing. Both need more lateral hip move and to "walk away from their hands" (stride and the stride drill should help with that). Is that the first two things I need to be working on?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes