Looking for feedback

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 3, 2014
I teach that the torso should be resisting turning towards the pitch. The rear leg turns you forward. The resistance combined with the rear leg turning forward creates the hip tilt (lateral tilt) that is as snappy as you can get.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
I teach that the torso should be resisting turning towards the pitch. The rear leg turns you forward. The resistance combined with the rear leg turning forward creates the hip tilt (lateral tilt) that is as snappy as you can get.

I assume this is the "fused core", correct?

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Yep, that pattern (fused core) works while waiting for the rear leg to drive..

c9GyKWZ.gif

ZBh8F1l.gif

But then there are plenty that don't have a fused core but instead engage and leverage it..

7kDhj6O.gif

VxiBFsz.gif

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
FFS it is my impression that you are suggesting "Lateral Side Bend" not "Lateral Tilt". Which if my understanding is correct one contains Pelvic Tilt aka "Lateral Tilt" and one does not "Lateral Side Bend". I believe that Butter may have the same understanding of your written statements.

"Lateral side bend" and "lateral tilt" are one and the same.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR

That is what the "lateral tilt" portion of the swing does ... it has the upper torso resisting turning toward the pitch.

May 3, 2014
Yep, that pattern (fused core) works while waiting for the rear leg to drive..

c9GyKWZ.gif

ZBh8F1l.gif

But then there are plenty that don't have a fused core but instead engage and leverage it..

7kDhj6O.gif

VxiBFsz.gif

Explain how to engage and leverage it. Bonds and Bellinger are doing the exact same thing as Kinsler and Judge. They are coiled around their rear leg, resisting with their back and turning the barrel with their hands/forearms - swinging one legged.

Last edited:
May 3, 2014
That is what the "lateral tilt" portion of the swing does ... it has the upper torso resisting turning toward the pitch.

Then why do you have to practice turning your torso towards the ball as you said here?

Also perform simple 'side rotations' towards the pitcher/ball ....

Side_Rotation.gif

Where is the resistance if you are turning towards the ball?

And lateral tilt and lateral bend as it pertain to swinging a bat is not at all the same.

This vvvv

Side_Bend.gif

Is not this vvvv

c9GyKWZ.gif

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Explain how to engage and leverage it. Bonds and Bellinger are doing the exact same thing as Kinsler and Judge. They are coiled around their rear leg, resisting with their back and turning the barrel with their hands/forearms - swinging one legged.

Its been explained before numerous times (some have never felt it, or refused to try it)... Not one of the one legged/scap pull back hitters lowers there COM (SSC) for off-speed...They ride the rear leg from a stalled command position and snap it .. It's eccentric /concentric pattern lacking the amortization/flow.. Yes the rear leg is important but should and can happen naturally..

Hitting is timing and if one is forced into positions (command) the movement stalls...

I guarantee you Rich has never felt this with his pattern... When he speaks of folks swinging maybe he should attempt live vs off the tee or in the living room.

3wLHMQV.gif

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkhill45