Looking for feedback

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 2, 2013
Bonds movement allows him to fall into both legs without compromising the rear leg/hip relationship..

This is another example of riding the rear leg that I am referring to...

Guds0qt.gif

Does Bonds stride get longer for off-speed while riding/gliding out ?

https://twitter.com/uTeeBaseball/status/830883285903499264

My 2 cents. I feel Happ's over rotation of the lower body affected his ability to lower. Why did he over rotate, probably fooled pitched ball speed.

May 3, 2014
You keep using the same clip of Happ to try and prove your point (and this was a HR). BTW Mini Stealth is using the same rear leg / TTB mechanics.

Here is Happ on a couple of other swings for HR's

Oppo field on a ball away

WR48bG.gif

HR to RF on a curve ball 86mph

J4aHSg.gif

Dec 4, 2013
Bonds movement allows him to fall into both legs without compromising the rear leg/hip relationship..

This is another example of riding the rear leg that I am referring to...

Guds0qt.gif

Does Bonds stride get longer for off-speed while riding/gliding out ?

https://twitter.com/uTeeBaseball/status/830883285903499264

You say you swing in the high level pattern against live pitching. Why not block your face and post it? I don't understand what the drawbacks could be if you are actually in the pattern.......

ian

Jun 11, 2015
You say you swing in the high level pattern against live pitching. Why not block your face and post it? I don't understand what the drawbacks could be if you are actually in the pattern.......

There is a big difference between posing in a specific pattern and actually swinging it.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
You keep using the same clip of Happ to try and prove your point (and this was a HR). BTW Mini Stealth is using the same rear leg / TTB mechanics.

WR48bG.gif

J4aHSg.gif

Butter, he rides/glides and allows the rear leg to drive it... He creates zero flow upper/lower.. He lacks balanced dynamic movements.. The balanced stretch removes the need for momentum within the frontal plane.. If he would have started his move out any earlier it would be no different then the one I posted..

Major dependencies on moving out at the perfect time... He moves out to early you get this.. Moves out to late and he gets beat..

Guds0qt.gif

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania

Just my .02, but posting video is pointless. Even if someone does match, others would deny it or insist that something is missing. Think about it. There are several people on these sites that use Bonds and Miggy as models. They use the same models yet use different methodologies to describe the movements. Why would posting video be any different?

Dec 4, 2013
Just my .02, but posting video is pointless. Even if someone does match, others would deny it or insist that something is missing. Think about it. There are several people on these sites that use Bonds and Miggy as models. They use the same models yet use different methodologies to describe the movements. Why would posting video be any different?

I agree with a lot of what you said FP.

But TDS is quick to say SnF is garbage and that he has a superior method. He claims SnF can't produce a video match but his method can. I guess I'm just curious to see what his teaching is capable of producing. Heck if I like it I will send him a PM! :D

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa

WR48bG.gif

J4aHSg.gif

Put your cursor on the front hip, very front. Watch how much he sits.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Then why do you have to practice turning your torso towards the ball as you said here?

The torso performs a twisting like action. When dealing with young hitters that primarily 'turn' and are void of 'lateral tilt' (which many are), I find it helpful to temporarily isolate the movements. One of the cues I then use with hitters is "more tilt, less turn" ... with the intent of accentuating the 'lateral tilt' in their swing.

There is no question that the action of 'lateral tilting' resists the upper torso from being rotated. I believe even Mike Epstein explained that ... I believe decades ago.

Here's TM describing the upper gear in the two gear analogy as 'lateral tilt'. He has that portion of what he says here correct.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish