Looking for feedback

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 11, 2015
Stack up some blocks....knock out the middle blocks (rear hip), and do the top blocks fall forward or backwards? Now restack the blocks, and push the tops ones rearward...did the middle/lower ones fall forwards, backwards, or not move at all? Cause vs. effect.

Sep 2, 2013
Its been explained before numerous times (some have never felt it, or refused to try it)... Not one of the one legged/scap pull back hitters lowers there COM (SSC) for off-speed...They ride the rear leg from a stalled command position and snap it .. It's eccentric /concentric pattern lacking the amortization/flow.. Yes the rear leg is important but should and can happen naturally..

Hitting is timing and if one is forced into positions (command) the movement stalls...

I guarantee you Rich has never felt this with his pattern... When he speaks of folks swinging maybe he should attempt live vs off the tee or in the living room.

3wLHMQV.gif

TDS, are you the one claiming that when you hit live it doesn't matter what type of pitch is thrown? That you have no problem being on time?

If so, MLB players must not use your hitting theory. How can you explain the batting averages being count related? For example, Altuve hits 446 with a 2-0 count compared to 200 with an 0-2 count.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
TDS, are you the one claiming that when you hit live it doesn't matter what type of pitch is thrown? That you have no problem being on time?

If so, MLB players must not use your hitting theory. How can you explain the batting averages being count related? For example, Altuve hits 446 with a 2-0 count compared to 200 with an 0-2 count.

It's called hitting pitches (not missing) fb/off-speed within your zone.. Hitter is in control until he has 2 strikes... After that well the pitcher has multiple zones he can target..

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2013
It's called hitting pitches (not missing) fb/off-speed within your zone.. Hitter is in control until he has 2 strikes... After that well the pitcher has multiple zones he can target..

Thanks for the clarification. When you say live pitching, what is the velo that you're facing?

May 3, 2014
Its been explained before numerous times (some have never felt it, or refused to try it)... Not one of the one legged/scap pull back hitters lowers there COM (SSC) for off-speed...They ride the rear leg from a stalled command position and snap it .. It's eccentric /concentric pattern lacking the amortization/flow.. Yes the rear leg is important but should and can happen naturally..

Hitting is timing and if one is forced into positions (command) the movement stalls...

I guarantee you Rich has never felt this with his pattern... When he speaks of folks swinging maybe he should attempt live vs off the tee or in the living room.

3wLHMQV.gif

Bonds rides the rear leg the whole way. Watch his rear knee continue to sink as his front hip stays up (watch the belt line). The front leg/hip catches him and acts like a shock absorber.

A0sWnh.gif

Sep 2, 2013
In college I would say mid 80's..

I'm confused, my bad. I thought you were older and facing live pitching often.

To me there's a difference between bp pitching and live. Most players can square up bp regardless of their mechanics. You come across as facing live pitching often and squaring balls up.

If your facing 90 and adjusting to off speed your mechanics are probably very good and you should be educating us. But then, you probably would be playing pro ball.

What velocity to you start having trouble when off speed is introduced?

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
I'm confused, my bad. I thought you were older and facing live pitching often.

To me there's a difference between bp pitching and live. Most players can square up bp regardless of their mechanics. You come across as facing live pitching often and squaring balls up.

If your facing 90 and adjusting to off speed your mechanics are probably very good and you should be educating us. But then, you probably would be playing pro ball.

Yes, I am older.. The pattern works in game situations as well as bp..

Bonds pattern allows him to move out fastball and sit off-speed without compromising any power or adjustability.. Similar to mini Stealth.

3wLHMQV.gif

IkoBvpk.gif

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Bonds rides the rear leg the whole way. Watch his rear knee continue to sink as his front hip stays up (watch the belt line). The front leg/hip catches him and acts like a shock absorber.

A0sWnh.gif

Bonds movement allows him to fall into both legs without compromising the rear leg/hip relationship..

This is another example of riding the rear leg that I am referring to...

Guds0qt.gif

Does Bonds stride get longer for off-speed while riding/gliding out ?

https://twitter.com/uTeeBaseball/status/830883285903499264

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2013

Not everybody is Bonds. You talk of squaring balls up without a problem while Altuve's exit velo is 16mph difference between his fastball and curve swings.

Something doesn't add up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drid