Looking for Drill(s) to help stay on Power line

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Hi all looking for some help to get my DD from stepping off power line with stride foot. Dont have video but here is what it looks like is going on to me. She gets a decent push which is directed toward plate but landing foot is coming down prob 6-8 inches left of center(RHP). This is causing her to either not open enough or close to quickly and leaving most pitches inside. Glove hand has a tendency to fly out as well. Looking for any help before tryouts begin.

Thanks

Part Time Catcher

SB Thanks for the tips I will try that diagonal approach and see what we can do but I think you are also on to something with the longer stride. Ill get some video of her tonight and post in the AM. Been dying to get that new Cannon Digital Camer with Super Slomo.

Sluggers She will turn 12 the beginning of september. Has been pitching for almost a year. Started with Dumb old Dad in the back yard. She started seeing PC in October every week and hasnt seen him for about a month. He has recently changed locations of the lessons and due to the schedule of 2 kids playing TB it has been difficult to get out to his new location. So im trying to do what I can before the silly times begin.

Thanks PTC

Power line

Hi all looking for some help to get my DD from stepping off power line with stride foot. Dont have video but here is what it looks like is going on to me. She gets a decent push which is directed toward plate but landing foot is coming down prob 6-8 inches left of center(RHP). This is causing her to either not open enough or close to quickly and leaving most pitches inside. Glove hand has a tendency to fly out as well. Looking for any help before tryouts begin.

Thanks

Part Time Catcher

I use a stride board which is a 1x 4 and 7 feet long and a 2x4 for the pitchers plate that is 18 inches long.The pitcher strides forward and lands at a 45 degree angle on the board and slides back foot along the board to front leg into a figure 4 or ankle to ankle.The right foot pushes off the 2x4 like starting blocks for a sprinter and the 2x4 helps the bend of the push off.This has worked wonders for me and I should have this made then patent.This drill has to start with slow motion with gradual full speed motion and pitch.S.Sanchez Alb.N.M

Jan 9, 2015
Sluggers She will turn 12 the beginning of september. Has been pitching for almost a year. Started with Dumb old Dad in the back yard. She started seeing PC in October every week and hasnt seen him for about a month. He has recently changed locations of the lessons and due to the schedule of 2 kids playing TB it has been difficult to get out to his new location.

Jul 14, 2008
Overeating! Good to see you back! Still selling discount stuff? Can't wait for the link.

WTF???? This thread was resurrected from 2012 by a completely different person answering an2 year old question??????

Welcome back? He Just joined and only has ONE POST!

I repeat WTF?????

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Sluggers She will turn 12 the beginning of september. Has been pitching for almost a year. Started with Dumb old Dad in the back yard. She started seeing PC in October every week and hasnt seen him for about a month. He has recently changed locations of the lessons and due to the schedule of 2 kids playing TB it has been difficult to get out to his new location. So im trying to do what I can before the silly times begin.

Thanks PTC

Sluggers She will turn 12 the beginning of september. Has been pitching for almost a year. Started with Dumb old Dad in the back yard. She started seeing PC in October every week and hasnt seen him for about a month. He has recently changed locations of the lessons and due to the schedule of 2 kids playing TB it has been difficult to get out to his new location.

Sorry--my off-sense humor kicked in... "Overeating" is a spammer. The MO is to join, copy text from a post, then post it as their own. They wait a couple days, then edit the post by adding a spam link. They are caught then disappear from existence.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes