Looking for a pirate pitching coach

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 21, 2013
Come on guys, give him a break. All 10 year olds have 5 pitches (inside, outside, high, low and down the middle) lol.

You can also ask college coaches in your area if you, or someone else, knows any. They know who is putting out pitchers in your area because they are recruiting them.

Feb 15, 2013
Delaware
I had a 12U mom tell me 2 years ago her DD had 6 pitches. I think one of the six was called the bowling ball because it was always in the dirt at about 20 feet.

Jan 17, 2013
Texas
Just now seeing this post and have not gone past page one but I am rolling on my desk laughing so hard. No offense to the Jason for my laughing, JJsqueeze's quote and Knightssb's picture of Bill was too much! That's funny, I don't care who you are.

Jason, You may try driving to Dallas once a month to use Bill Hillhouse. I live on Toledo Bend and make the 4 hour drive about 7 times a year, usually spending 2 days in Dallas with him. I have found that 2 lessons a month and me working with my DD 3 days a week is WAY better than 1 time a week with someone teaching the wrong stuff.

Oct 19, 2009
Come on guys, give him a break. All 10 year olds have 5 pitches (inside, outside, high, low and down the middle) lol.

You can also ask college coaches in your area if you, or someone else, knows any. They know who is putting out pitchers in your area because they are recruiting them.

My DD had 4 pitches at that age, in the dirt to the left, in the dirt to the right, in the dirt in the front the final and best pitch was the over the head pitch.

Mar 28, 2013
The three most perfected pitches by younger players, the back stop Rattler, the worm burner, and the batters favorite, MR Snappy

Oct 22, 2009
The three most perfected pitches by younger players, the back stop Rattler, the worm burner, and the batters favorite, MR Snappy

When my DD was in 12u and had one too many not find the catchers mitt, the catcher who had a COOPER mitt, would open and close it while yelling, MR COOPERS HUNGRY!

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
DD had a pitcher with a good change, but a coach that insisted she call it in poor situations.
It became known as the "windshield" because it frequently ended up in the parking lot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad