looking at JCV34 34inch for 12U catcher

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 12, 2009
Kansas City
As for the Vinci 34 inch, it is available in 22 series leather, limited series leather and the "Cadillac" of leathers... the pro series Optimus. For catchers catching at 14U and younger, the 22 series is an excellent, affordable choice. I am breaking one in now for a local catcher (It's actually a 33 inch in black and white) The leather is a bit softer than the limited and has a great feel. This mitt is a great choice for older recreational catchers a s well. The limited series is a higher quality, tighter grained leather that is pretty hard from the factory. It's a great choice for many 12U through college age catchers. This tight grain harder leather makes for a fantastic (and intimidating) pop when receiving pitches. Not only do catchers love it, but their pitchers love the loud pop this catcher's mitt makes. The only thing close to this kind of pop that I have found so far is Nokona. This too is a great glove but has no palm padding. The limited will take a bit to break in... but the results are well worth it. Casey and I both take a few days to start the break in process on gloves ordered from us. The Optimus is Vinci's highest quality leather and is cut slightly thicker than the other leathers. Optimus gloves will weigh in slightly heavier than the other leathers. It breaks in fairly soft and supple... and still maintains a great pop. I currently have a 12U with a 33" Optimus that won't take it off!

The 34 inch (And 33 inch) can be had in any of Vinci's leathers with mesh or leather finger backs. Various color options/combinations vary depending on the leather series.

Feel free to email me (Chaz) at advancedcatchingconcepts@gmail.com for more information.

995580_704314396255213_1039729945_n.jpg

Nov 12, 2009
Kansas City
My preference varies with glove manufacturer. With Vinci, they specialize in a deep pocket design (See post #20 of this thread, both gloves pictured are 33 inch) so they play slightly smaller.... I prefer the 34" for this reason and for one other reason... The closed web provides more surface for the ball to impact and in my opinion, gets a bit more "pop" when the pitch is received. It's really fun to watch batters jump as the pitch is caught. :D

10641064_846424985377486_6105881801789428378_n.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi