looking at JCV34 34inch for 12U catcher

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 14, 2014
2nd year catcher who catches 90% of the games for her team and I am looking to provide a better glove than the mizuno she is using today to take some of the sting out. Also would like her to have a better glove was directed to Vinci.

ArkFastpitch

Dont' I know you?
Sep 20, 2013
Send Casedawg51 a PM and tell him what you are looking for. He is a Vinci rep. I have bought 2 gloves from him.

Nov 23, 2014
I tried to send Casedawg a message as well but it said his quota is full and he needs to clear space. Casedawg I'm interested in a Vinci mitt please!

Feb 12, 2014
I was working with Casedawg back in August on a Vinci mitt. Got right to the point of purchase and he disappeared. Haven't heard from him since. You might want to try chazbz1. I believe he reps Vinci as well.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Or talk to Eric F about an Akadema glove. He reps for them and is pretty accessible on the site.

Thanks for the props, JJ. :)

Vinci makes excellent-quality catchers mitts with unequaled palm protection, and the service from Casey or Chaz is first-rate (both of them are great guys). For MANY players, the Vinci is their "forever" mitt. That said, there are a couple of people (including my DD) who have found that the palm protection in the Vinci is too much, and they drop a significant amount of pitches because they can't feel the ball in the mitt.

The Akadema catchers mitts are nicely-built, but do not offer the palm protection of the Vinci. I would compare the Akadema's padding to a Mizuno GXS92 in the palm, but with better thumb protection.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2011
2nd year catcher who catches 90% of the games for her team
Either your team needs to develop or find another capable catcher or you should probably find her a better team. Catching 90% of the time is too many innings for an 11-12yo with an average TB schedule.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
I don't know a college catcher who has switched to another mitt after using a Vinci. IMO, the lack of feel/feedback that EF's DD has experienced will likely become a non-issue when the pitching speeds consistently exceed 55, at which time the 'extra' padding becomes a close friend and valued protector. And if you get one through Casedawg or Chaz, the mitt is a real value compared to others' top end models!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802