lizard skin

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
My kid has one on her LXT, she likes it, but she like the original grip on it too.
I have put new lizard skins on my road bike every year. First time was just before a week long ride. It made a huge difference...(the bike tape and bat grips are the same thing).

Oh, and I paid $8.99 for her lizard skin

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
DD has one on her Xeno and loves it! Had it put on her bat at a tournament. They come in a couple of sizes - DD likes a good feel so she went for the thinnest one...

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Just a way to make more money. Any half minded (trying to be nice) person can put a lizard skin on. Selling at 12 bucks and "free" installing is just a way to pump some more sales of skins and make more money. Especially when half the skin grips should only sell for 10 bucks (any grip except camo sells for 10). Hey, 3 seconds to put a grip on and bam, make 2 more bucks on top of the lizard profit itself and more sales of them.

longball00

Softball is my obsession
Apr 8, 2014
Willoughby, Ohio
DD had one on her last Mako that lasted 2 months tops. It got all fuzzy and slippery. Probably from sweat and tons of swings. Sent Lizard skin an email about it, and got no reply. She now has one on her Xeno for a couple months over the winter, and just with indoor hitting and practices, I can see this one starting to do the same. Can't say I'm happy with it, but she doesn't seem to notice or mind. She likes them better than the original factory grips, so I will continue to put them on for her. If I paid retail for them, I'd be looking for something else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WYOwiseguy