lizard skin

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 22, 2012
Any feedback positive or negative on the lizard skin? I see closeoutbats offers these for another $12 installed on a new bat. Leaning towards a cf6. Now get this skin or not? hmmmm

Oct 10, 2011
DD Loves the two tone Lizard Grips. Has them on 3 bats now and holding up great. Everyone can instantly tell which bat her's is. I know at least one of the grips has over 2000 swings on it and looks new.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
No experience with bats but have used lizard and similar critters when building custom knives for years. If it is quality skin it is well worth the $$.

Jan 24, 2009
I would order the grip seperately, lest they keep the newly removed grip. Lizards are around $11 shipped from multiple sources online. My local brick and mortar has them for $12.

IMO, the grips on demarini's are pretty good (best thing about their bats :eek: ), so I would be sure that you get the og if you go with that deal.
VW

PS: I have a couple of lizards but they are not installed/tested yet. Feel is quite tacky before touching dirt.

Oct 10, 2011
They seem to stay pretty tacky feeling in our experience, which DD loves when not wearing gloves.

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
No experience with bats but have used lizard and similar critters when building custom knives for years. If it is quality skin it is well worth the $$.

:eek:

Love the Lizard Skins bat grips, very tacky and they seem very durable so far. They have made bike parts for a long time, and are well known as a company that makes quality stuff.

Apr 23, 2014
East Jabib
We just picked up a new Xeno from closeout bats a few weekends ago. We are in NJ and went to the facility. They have a small indoor cage with a soft toss machine so you can take a few swings with different bats before you buy. DD wanted the lizard skin because she doesn't like to use batting gloves and the tackiness helps with her grip. Plus, it customized her bat (she chose white and gray camo) which was a bonus in her eyes. They removed the stock grip and applied the lizard grip right there and asked whether she was lefty or righty since that impacted the way they wound the grip on the bat. I would recommend!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish