Live Streaming Options for Softball fields?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 25, 2017
Canada
Hey everyone, not sure if this is the correct place to ask. But it's sort of related to softball equipment. I was wondering what people were using the stream games at their fields and experiences with it? Ideally, I think we are looking for something similar to livebarn style that streams games for parents to watch from. Being able to watch replays would be cool, and score/batter overlays if we really get things going. But mostly, just want parents to be able to watch a game.

Thanks

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
In short, if you have someone on your team that scores with iScore, I recommend SidelineHD. If you score with GC, then I suggest GC Team Manager. If you will play in any Alliance tournaments, they require Athletes Go Live. If scoring is not in the equation, but you still want overlays showing the score for your viewers, the Mevo Start camera streaming to either Facebook or YouTube is a pretty decent process.

One thing people don't think about that can cause problems: Walkup music is copywritten content. Facebook is really militant about it and will kill your stream. YouTube will bark, but is more flexible. But with that said, if you don't have 1000 subscribers, there is an extra layer of complication streaming to YouTube (Google YouTube and RTMP if you want to learn more).

For cameras we like smartphones over the Mevo unless overlays are desired. Smartphones have data handy and shoot better video. They take a little more effort to keep from overheating. But worth it in the end. Especially if your phone has wide angle lenses. This is a huge limitation of the Mevo Start.

There's more....but I can see the crowd nodding off. :)

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Josh nailed it. Game Changer Team Manager is great for streaming and recording clips. If the families have a paid subscription, they can clip certain plays so they forward to coaches. Also, it automatically clips the girls hits and puts it in their stat pages.

I usually stream with my Note 8 to Team Manager and record with my GoPro Hero 9 for better quality. It's a lot of work to get it all right, but it's worth it in the end.

Apr 25, 2017
Canada
Thanks all, looks like Gamechanger is what I'll give a go with to start. While playing around with it seemed quite simple, and I just want to click go. =)

Apr 7, 2014
I use my own iphone linked to a portable charger. I put it on do not disturb and put the display on "always on" and then click on the game changer app (the green one, not classic) and then after the game is put in on events, click it and then click start live. Super easy. We then use a cellular iPad to score the game.

One new feature the parents can use is save clips of hits when they are watching. It will email you a 30-60sec clip which is pretty cool.

We make our players rewatch certain games on the game changer app. They need premium access for that or if you trust your parents and want to save money, you give them all a log in for a made-up coach on the team. Then change the password each season or when a player leaves.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I've been using a Mevo Plus (a discontinued model) for a few years, and like it a lot. I stream to FB (team group page). I would like to have the overlays of GameChanger scoring, but don't like the limitation of not being able to link the video to external locations.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying