Little League Softball Pitching Rest Required?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 18, 2009
Does anyone know what the official Little League softball rules are for rest required for pitchers?

I think all stars is if you pitch more than 2 innings you can pitch in the next game but need one day rest (unless its resuming a stopped game on the next day).

What is the regular season rule for required pitchers rest?

I know some leagues put their own rules in place but I'm looking for Little League's official rule on this. For games on back to back days our league says you cannot pitch in a game on the next day if you pitch more than one inning the day before. I dont know if thats a Little league rule or a local rule.

Thanks in advance.

Jan 20, 2010
For 9/10 All-Stars it is one calendar day of rest if you pitch more than 2 innings and a max of 7 innings per day. I don't know what the regular season rule is. Our Coast (9/10/11) division used a 9 innings total per week in our district tournament.

Oct 19, 2009
beyond the fences
Pitching rules vary by age group. Be careful as 1 pitch=1 inning.
At major level 12U, the pitcher needed 3 days rest after pitching
more than 2 innings. They limit # of innings/week as well as
innings pitched during same tournament.

May 9, 2008
Minor Division: If a player pitches in more than one inning, once calendar day of rest is mandatory. Maximum of 6 innings in a game. A Maximum of 6 innings in a calendar week, Sunday through Saturday. 2010 LL SB Rulebook pg 39

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
Six innings a week? Are they serious? No wonder no one plays LL anymore... We often throw six innings in a game. And if their weeks are calendar weeks, Sunday through Saturday a girl could throw six innings on Friday, rest Saturday, and on Sunday her week would have started over. Insanity.

Jun 9, 2009
Six innings a week? Are they serious? No wonder no one plays LL anymore... We often throw six innings in a game. And if their weeks are calendar weeks, Sunday through Saturday a girl could throw six innings on Friday, rest Saturday, and on Sunday her week would have started over. Insanity.

That is for Minors only. Minors is a developmental level where a number of girls should be getting a chance to throw. Girls at the Majors level are allowed eighteen innings in a calendar week.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
That is for Minors only. Minors is a developmental level where a number of girls should be getting a chance to throw. Girls at the Majors level are allowed eighteen innings in a calendar week.

What is the Minors equivalent to? How old are the girls playing Minors?

Jun 9, 2009
What is the Minors equivalent to? How old are the girls playing Minors?

Little League gives the local leagues some latitude in just exactly how they want to set their leagues. Minors can be 7 to 12, but Majors are 9 to 12. So in general you're talking 7 and 8 year olds at the Minors level. Six innings is still pretty restrictive though, even at those ages.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06