Little League Rule Questions...All-Stars

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 23, 2010
Florida
Typically LL games are in the evening. The first day of an NSA tournament is usually pool games scheduled in advance. You can probably have the girls play the pool games during the day and the LL game at night. Not the best scenerio, but my experience with LL is they don't like to be told what to do. Especially when the girls are involved.

Jan 20, 2010
The answer ended up being that our district convinced little league for the first time in their history to disqualify a team (every other time the game was rescheduled or the team was given a forfeit) for being unable to field 9 players. Until now disqualification had only been used in cases of extreme cheating or roster violations (Like Danny Almonte).

Jan 20, 2010
Our big mistake was being honest about the whole thing and thinking our district would be reasonable. Turns out they were not even honest when they gave the "facts" to the little league tournament committee.

They always had the option to simply stick to their posted schedule and whoever did not show up had to forfeit, I guess the other team was able to find nine players to show up and accept the forfeit.

Aug 5, 2009
Bordentown, NJ
There were two forfeits in our district this all-star season. One at the 12u level, one with the 10's ( different towns)
In both cases they could have rescheduled, even pushed it back a couple hours ( they were Sunday afternoon games) if they REALLY wanted to get the games in, but opted not to.

Not complaining, that's their prerogative, but I feel like they're missing the bigger picture. This year 1/3 of the leagues in our district that normally play didn't field teams this year ( and two of those towns brought back state championships the last 3 years) and I think part of the fallout from this season will mean the two towns above won't field teams next year.

They can have all the righteousness they like, but they continue pushing players away with decisions like this.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2010
They always had the option to simply stick to their posted schedule and whoever did not show up had to forfeit, I guess the other team was able to find nine players to show up and accept the forfeit.

Actually neither team showed up and they disqualified both with is important because if it was a double forfeit then my team would have been district champion but witht he double DQ they gave it to the already eliminated 3rd place team (who refused to help keep things on schedule during the week).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SecOnd in Comand