linear and rotation

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Coach Brock's stuff has been argued on these various websites for some time. His use of the terms linear and rotational don't always jive with what others think of when using those terms. I don't agree totally with his idea about some of the hand usage would describe it differently. IMO, there is a lot better stuff out there.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
RDbass,

He is replacing the loop, casting, and bat drag with getting the hands ahead of rotation.

Again, not what I want. He promoting 'dead hands' and a push swing. Using his method a hitter will become a contact hitter with no power against weaker/slower pitchers. Faster pitchers will expose that hitter whose hands are along for the ride. Show me a successful college or pro softball or baseball hitter that hits using his method.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Coach Brock's stuff has been argued on these various websites for some time. His use of the terms linear and rotational don't always jive with what others think of when using those terms. I don't agree totally with his idea about some of the hand usage would describe it differently. IMO, there is a lot better stuff out there.

Who has the best stuff IYO?

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Shawn, you have been around for a while. You know that I used Englishbey's stuff and some parts of other's stuff for my dd. I also used some of Donny's stuff. So, take that for what it is worth. I really don't follow anyone's stuff now. I check up on Steve's website once in a great while.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Cannonball,

I figured you were talking about a broad range of information. I have yet to see anything that fully satisfied me completely. That includes many, many, guru's. I take them for what is good information and throw out the bad. For example Coach Brock talks about the hips being in charge and the feet are for stability and the legs are support.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Start thinking about the core and everything else is supporting the core. I'm not sure about in charge but, as far as that I like to think, THINK, of the rear side being in charge. Core and everything else supports the core.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Start thinking about the core and everything else is supporting the core. I'm not sure about in charge but, as far as that I like to think, THINK, of the rear side being in charge. Core and everything else supports the core.

RD, I'd never pretend to have it all figured out but imho, if you concentrate on the core and move from there, you'll be doing your hitters a service. This is what I think about and work with for the hitters I give lessons to.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
RD, I'd never pretend to have it all figured out but imho, if you concentrate on the core and move from there, you'll be doing your hitters a service. This is what I think about and work with for the hitters I give lessons to.

Seems to me "concentrate on the core and move from there" is a pretty good way to improve any skill in this sport (and, possibly, all sports).

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa

I can agree with you on your point. He was talking about hitters who try to rotate with the feet and said the hips are in charge. So he was saying rotation was created with the hips and not with the feet.

Yes the backside is pretty damn important in my book as well, IMO.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619