Lets see one of yours better than this one RICH!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rampage

Banned
Jul 8, 2015
He's doing well for such a young age.

Do you perceive differences between the tee swing and live BP swings?

Yes I know there is, we are working on shift and swing. He has a slight push and a chopping of the hands. Right now he doesn't trust the rearward barrel, he comes from a wood chopping coach or a down to it and through it coach! Horrible a month ago. Yea its taken me more than one lesson to get here! SILLY ME!

Obviously I don't need anyone to teach the rearward barrel in 20 minutes..I have identified it and working at it! But the false prophet has spoken again! YOU CANT FIX ANYTHING IN HITTING IN 20 MINUTES. PERIOD. Once again proof you are not in touch with REALITY MY FRIEND!

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Yes I know there is, we are working on shift and swing. He has a slight push and a chopping of the hands. Right now he doesn't trust the rearward barrel, he comes from a wood chopping coach or a down to it and through it coach! Horrible a month ago. Yea its taken me more than one lesson to get here! SILLY ME!

Awe ... it is interesting that you write "shift and swing".

The tee-swing looks explosive.

You have obviously heard of folks using the phrases “Shift AND Swing” versus “Shift THEN Swing”. I personally prefer the term “Pivot The Swing”. Gives more of a sense of the rear leg, hips & core involvement in bringing the barrel forward.

The “extra stretch” (alias “missing frames”) is about pivoting the swing. If you look at the tee-swing closely you may get a sense that the swing is not being pivoted.

Just a thought. Love the aggressiveness in the swing.

Rampage

Banned
Jul 8, 2015
Awe ... it is interesting that you write "shift and swing".

The tee-swing looks explosive.

You have obviously heard of folks using the phrases “Shift AND Swing” versus “Shift THEN Swing”. I personally prefer the term “Pivot The Swing”. Gives more of a sense of the rear leg, hips & core involvement in bringing the barrel forward.

The “extra stretch” (alias “missing frames”) is about pivoting the swing. If you look at the tee-swing closely you may get a sense that the swing is not being pivoted.

Just a thought. Love the aggressiveness in the swing.

I see the same thing. He has virtually no stretch!

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
You asking someone else to change their posting behavior is the irony chief.

Is the irony a poster with 11,000+ posts claiming that someone else is "polluting" the thread.....or is it that the entire thread seems to be discussing a boys baseball swing on a softball message board???

Maybe I should go have a fun sized Snickers left over from Halloween.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
I see the same thing. He has virtually no stretch!

Very good.

He’s doing great relative to his age. Perhaps see if you can nudge him to the point where the “Pivot The Swing” is what arcs the barrel forward, and not so much the arms.

Curiosity question. You are obviously a student of the game and into details. Why would someone involved in baseball be on a softball hitting website? I ask because I’ve been noticing this from a few others for a bit now and would like to hear your slant on it.

Jul 21, 2015
Is the irony a poster with 11,000+ posts claiming that someone else is "polluting" the thread.....or is it that the entire thread seems to be discussing a boys baseball swing on a softball message board???

Or that 16 of the first 22 posts in the thread seemed to be the OP talking with an invisible friend?

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR

The irony from my perspective is that you claim to “avoid the technical hitting forum”, and yet you stop in to make nonsense posts.

As for discussing boy's baseball swings ... I've been receiving PMs from baseball coaches for years in my DFP message box. Seems there are some baseball coaches that don't share your disrespect for the technical hitting forum.

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
Tewks’ dismissal from HI is well documented.

It began with Tewks posting the following video.

It was explained to Tewks that he was incorrect and that he could not demonstrate this action from behind a corner.

Tewks responded by referring to TM's scap clamp/pinch swing model as a joke.

TM tried to save Tewks, but there was a lack of emotional intelligence on Tewks' part and the two parted ways.

Laughable twist. I have the PM's with Tewks and Pronk that led to them both seeking the truth... You're embarrassing yourself. What's Kata doing today??? :D

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
The irony from my perspective is that you claim to “avoid the technical hitting forum”, and yet you stop in to make nonsense posts.

As for discussing boy's baseball swings ... I've been receiving PMs from baseball coaches for years in my DFP message box. Seems there are some baseball coaches that don't share your disrespect for the technical hitting forum.

Given the overall popularity of baseball compared to softball is there not a "www.discussbaseball.com" message board available that would be a better forum for discussions on baseball swings?

And for the record, I do not have a disrespect for the technical hitting forum, just for the posters who always seem to drive the threads into a ditch....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KittyGoneWild