Lets see one of yours better than this one RICH!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
please explain the next step. thanks!

The "next step" was all of the discussions about what the hands, wrists, ... do and eventually that led to the "turn the barrel" discussions. Even Mankin contributed to the background of these discussion imo.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Not only is the demonstration showing the hand leading ahead of the elbow at the RVP Connection Point Position, but a pinched forearm-to-bicep orientation in the rear arm is maintained well out front. It's not good. Poor energy flow.

I think that the restaint of the tape on the wall and the wall itself help with this problem. However, in thinking back, you were always critical, in a good way, of BB's hands. Maybe this lead to some of that criticism. In the last video I sent out to you guys, made a comment about this. In that same video was Howe's response asking me if I had started using Donny's stuff. I am not a hitting guru and so, just tried to come up with a drill that I though could get BB to tip and rip and have "quicker hands." It seemed this did that. Somewhere at or just before this, the phraseology changed and people started saying things like "turning the barrel." It is a drill, if someone here likes it fine. If not, fine. When I post hitting comments now, I try to post what I did with my dd and others can decide to hit the ignore button. LOL

May 20, 2015
Englishbey never wanted to talk about the hands - that was the source of many disagreements. Like pretty much all the info out there - there was some good and some not so good.

SE was the biggest waste of time. PCR(w) = Pretty Crappy Results (wreally).

Though the video of him swinging his arms into a padded metal pole (to force his wrists to unhinge) still provides me some good laughs.
I'm going to dig that clip out from the archives.

Rampage

Banned
Jul 8, 2015
I don't like your hands in your whiffle ball league manny perfect match gif, if you look you are much more palm up. Your paths are not the same, your top hand is bound up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877