Leave this at home!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Parents need to leave their rose-colored, DD walks on water glasses at home and don't ask me a question they might not like the answer to and then get upset at me for being honest i.e., Q: Oh, wasn't that a good hit? A: Yes, it was a base hit, but a duck fart hit off the end cap that lands between three diving infielders is not the holy grail of hitting.
Parents who think their child is gods gift to softball irritate the heck out of me. Especially when its obvious that my dd is gods gift to softball, geez people.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Player's boyfriends.....well maybe not all of them, but most.

My dd's 14u coach, coaches the HS V baseball team. So all the boys know who he is. One game some boys were hanging around behind the dugout talking to some of the girls. He dragged one of those boys out onto the field, had a chat with him and told him if he ever interrupted another game he and all of his buddies would have to run foul poles between innings. They never strayed form the bleachers again.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Foul mouth grandmothers, who have to comment on every play, sound like they have smoked a pack of Camels every day for 30 years.....thinks their DGD is the worlds greatest softball player and dresses like she is in the infield of a NASCAR race at Talledega!

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Foul mouth grandmothers, who have to comment on every play, sound like they have smoked a pack of Camels a day for 30 years.....thinks their DGD is the worlds greatest softball player and dresses like she is in the infield of a NASCAR race at Talledega!

:), not fouled mouth but this hits home.

Apr 1, 2010
Also dislike the parents leading the "3&2 now what ya gonna do now" chants. Love hearing that off the bench on either side can't stand to hear the juvenile parents blurting out cheers.

DD's new coach does not want the players to do cheers. DD was a bit bummed out; she had learned so many great ones and had always chosen number 7 because she likes the "L..U..C..K..Y, lucky seven, make it fly" cheer.

However, to my delight, I have discovered that I no longer come home from a day at the park with a stabbing headache and my ears ringing. It's SO much nicer.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
DD's new coach does not want the players to do cheers. DD was a bit bummed out; she had learned so many great ones and had always chosen number 7 because she likes the "L..U..C..K..Y, lucky seven, make it fly" cheer.

Is this even allowed in softball?

Jan 17, 2012
Kansas
T Red;158495Curious why the dogs bother some of you?[/QUOTE said:
People often have an inflated sense of their dog's charm and level of training. I have 2 dogs and I would never bring them to the park; too many unknowns that could go south. Our local league fields banned pets after some biting incidents.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan