Leave this at home!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 7, 2011
Good thread! :) Dads - leave your radar guns at home!! I find it so annoying to see regular old dads roaming around the tournament, clocking every pitcher, basically pretending to be important. You ARE NOT a college coach. Stop embarrassing yourself and your DD. That felt good. :)

But it takes about a billion attempts to get the hang of the dang thing!!!!!
;-)

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
DD’s league’s newest local rule was a couple years ago:

Artificial noisemakers are not permitted at any games.

(Unfortunately DD’s Team had a lot to do with this rule and no I did not participate I was too busy yelling at the players and umpires)

Nov 23, 2010
North Carolina
If you are a current or past baseball or softball coach, leave your opinions and knowledge at home. I don't care to hear the ss should have done this, the throw should have gone there, the pitch should have been a fastball low and inside, your daughter is the best because you taught her, etc. Shut up and let me enjoy the game.

Last edited:

02Crush

Way past gone
Aug 28, 2011
The Crazy Train
Parents who shake Water Bottles with Rocks in them (Homemade Shakers)
Coaches who think it is cool to stand 30' down the baseline and talk to his defense facing and DIRECTLY THROUGH A 10 YO PITCHER in the circle. (BTW, I have told her the next time he does this to turn and throw the ball to first base and the 1st basemen to miss the catch)
Parents who yell...."Throw Strikes", "Hit the Ball" or even better; "PITCH THE BALL"... (I imagine the Kids are thinking...What the heck! #$@% What do you think I am trying to do?)
Candy for your Player to devour on game day only to tell their coach how their stomach hurts an hour later

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
If you are a current or past baseball or softball coach, leave your opinions and knowledge at home. I don't care to hear the ss should have done this, the throw should have gone there, the pitch should have been a fastball low and inside, your daughter is the best because you taught her, etc. Shut up and let me enjoy the game.

LOL. Better stay away from the RF fence line - that's my only safe haven!

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Parents need to leave their rose-colored, DD walks on water glasses at home and don't ask me a question they might not like the answer to and then get upset at me for being honest i.e., Q: Oh, wasn't that a good hit? A: Yes, it was a base hit, but a duck fart hit off the end cap that lands between three diving infielders is not the holy grail of hitting.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
Alcohol.

People really do know that you started drinking beer in the parking lot at 08:30, they just pretend not to because they are embarassed for your daughter. She knows too, and has since she was 4.

Even if you're not that guy and it's one beer at the 4:30 game, it's youth sports, let it not be about you for another 90 minutes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG