Latest video of DD

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 14, 2010
It is possible the pigeon toe you are referring to is more the result of a particular pre-set intended to automate certain actions.

You are correct. Brooke said doing that makes her hips feel looser and and more explosive. Honestly we modified her stance off a drill that Teacherman and Tewks had her try. Like I've always said I pick info up from A LOT of people and places and experiment with it. As for the handset that's something we incorporated early this spring and it's become very natural for her. As much help as you and others have been I feel it's my responsiblity to document her progress and hopefully it will help some other DD/dad.

RD,

Feel free to comment anytime on anyhting about Brooke's swing, Ican promise you won't ofend us at all. As for the heel action you noticed it is what you want to happen. Like GM said, go read and research the "secret's in the dirt" it will be an eye opener. Brooke and I have always attacked her swing from the ground up, one piece at a time and we are not done.

GM,

Thanks for the kind words. I too would like to see Brooke more relaxed and loose. When she is, she's something else to watch.

MTS,

I agree with you on her hand path and honestly it's the one thing we are focused on @ this present time. IMO Brooke owns 3/4 of the zoe right now, if a ball is thrown in that zone she will send it back fastr than it came in. At the same time she does struggle with that remaining 1/4 and if she's going to play D1 like she wants she better own that 1/4 also. One thing about Brooke is that she rarely K's, she will put the ball in play from her weak zone but we want her to drive it from every zone.

Howser,

With me being a coach on her old team I never had the time to get any game footage but that will change this fall and I promise to get some on here.

Brooke is far from being where she needs/wants to be but she will put the time & work in to get there. To all the dads on here, I know this journey will get frustrating and seem like it will never happen, but it will if you keep working. Best of luck and don't be afraid to put your DD's video out there for fear of ridicule. It may be your DD but I can promise you nothing said here should be taken personal.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
View attachment 2555 This is a pic from FFS gif.
The Move is his ability to Transition that pressure(pull) on his foot to a Push on his foot.
Crankermo,
I thought I seen something in your DD's swing then wasn't correct. I am here to learn and learn as much as I can. I was wrong. I now see and have seen that your DD is not only doing the "move" correct but, probably better than most. The pic is Hamilton. There is a gif(unable to post gif at work) of Hamilton doing exactly what your DD does. I also viewed video of Babe Ruth doing the same "spin" with his heel. I am on this site to learn. So, I continue to learn.

Feb 14, 2010
RD,
Just one word of advice. As someone who has and still is going through this journey don't try to get it all done at once. Take a piece and perfect it and move on to the next one. I don't want this to sound the wrong way but Brooke has always been able to get things extremely quick and not everyone has that ability. Go @ Laura's pace, it's not a race. IMO the definition of an athlete is someone that can learn and put into use what they've learned. Don't get in a hurry to move onto the next piece, take your time and perfect it first.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
My mind moves fast. Laura's not so. I do try and work 1 piece of the puzzle at a time with the DD. Me on the other hand... I think I have to much time on my hands.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi