Latest video of DD

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 25, 2009
Just some video of Brooke doing some T-work for those interested. As always feel free to comment.

BROOKE9 30 12 2 001 - YouTube

Pretty good swing!

I would work on not letting the head fly with the bat.

Also, since she has her lead foot turned in that far, why not try a slight knee cock?

How about some video of her hitting front toss; and more than one swing. But she does look good in this video off the tee.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Enjoying watching Brooke's journey.

qswnjc.gif

May 16, 2010
Pretty good swing!

I would work on not letting the head fly with the bat.

Also, since she has her lead foot turned in that far, why not try a slight knee cock?

How about some video of her hitting front toss; and more than one swing. But she does look good in this video off the tee.

I agree, the eyes should be more level through contact. She does cock her knee a bit. Mostly she brings the front hip in and pushes it. Very good.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
crankermo,
Your DD swing looks good. Not that I know anything but, her rear foot. Your DD has her rear foot "pigeon toe". What I see because of this position of the rear foot causes a reverse bug squish. Brooke has the stable back leg and as she coils, maintains that stable/firm back leg, as she coils. As your DD strides out and uncoils. It looks to me that the rear foot heel slides forward, then your DD is able to get a push off of her toes, or gets up on her toes. I think if that back foot was straight then I think your DD could do the "move " better and get much better thrust. I know its 1 swing and I could be wrong. Which would be no shock to me.

Oct 25, 2009
crankermo,
Your DD swing looks good. Not that I know anything but, her rear foot. Your DD has her rear foot "pigeon toe". What I see because of this position of the rear foot causes a reverse bug squish. Brooke has the stable back leg and as she coils, maintains that stable/firm back leg, as she coils. As your DD strides out and uncoils. It looks to me that the rear foot heel slides forward, then your DD is able to get a push off of her toes, or gets up on her toes. I think if that back foot was straight then I think your DD could do the "move " better and get much better thrust. I know its 1 swing and I could be wrong. Which would be no shock to me.

I wouldn't mess with her back foot; it looks good. She has good weight shift.

Feb 14, 2010
Everyone thanks for the feedback. Brooke and I always working on her swing. She knows as she gets older her swing must become the best it can in order to keep playing. This next year is going to be a huge test for her as she's accepted a spot on one of the best Gold/Premier teams in the Midwest. They are going to be playing the best the côuntry has to offer. I fully expect her to struggle at first but I believe she will more than hold her own when it's all said and done

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
crankermo,

RDB - you might want to search for and re-read the "cleat in the dirt" thread/discussions. The back foot/heel movement (i.e., clockwise rotation) in the video actually confirms that the hips are initiating rotation. You wouldn't see it if she had cleats on, but that force would still be there. Rather than providing a push, IMO it helps to think that the role of the back foot is to provide a stable "base" or anchor that allows and provides the resistance for the hips to rotate, which then pulls the foot up on to the toe/off the ground.

re CM's video - very nice w/ model swing thread potential! I can't really tell, but the grip looks box like w/ the bat deep in the hands rather than in the fingers? And although its just a style issue, I'd like to see her a little less tense/more relaxed pre-stride. I'd be inclined to have my pitcher hold the ball and freeze/fatigue her before each pitch (before ducking when she crushes it!).

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
great bat speed for someone this age and size. I would LOVE to see game footage to see how this translates to a game swing. If you have a clip that would be great to see.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802