Latest Video of DD Pitching

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 25, 2011
Southern Illinois
I would have her do some flamingo drills. Here's a video that shows the drill. We also do it from a normal starting position from the pitching plate. I would have her start there. Also, if she straightens out her arm circle, it should balance things out a little more and hopefully keep everything moving down the power line so she doesn't tend to fall off so much. With my daughter, when she really tries to throw hard, she loses her balance and does the same thing. The funny thing is if she lets off just a little and pitches with better mechanics, it usually is harder and more accurate.

Good luck.

Thanks. I like this drill. Looks hard! Lot going on in the core. Was she starting off her plant foot already turned completely sideways?I hope that makes sense. My dd has done(now that you mention it this will be a good drill to work on) this drill before but started out closed on one leg and then came open when she pitched just like normal. Main thing is getting the balance one one leg.
We will definately work on straightening the arm circle.
It think that elbow is fine.

Jul 26, 2010
I hate the flamingo drill. It teaches kids to push off sideways, which they shouldn't be doing.

Many times I find myself believing that doing "progression" drills cause more issues, such as the timing issues frequently associated with hopping and leaping, then they actually fix. The only comfort I have here, is that some of the best instructors in the world tend to agree.

-W

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles