Lafayette ... any comments on their hitter's mechanics?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
when you swing up, home runs are going to happen.
If you hit line drives, triples, and doubles, and long singles will happen.

I am not sure if the Cajuns hit the ball harder, but they do swing up, more than usual.

what do the Numbers show?

Dec 1, 2011
I did? I thought I was helping. Hey here's my son when he was 10yo.(over 5 years ago) Wait a minute, he's doing the same silly drills (the same way) ULL performs them - WRONGLY!

1CB2-15.gif

You're a tool RHC... And you're clueless. You don't know who's been where and what they know.

Hey Roga, look familiar??? LOL

Howe, stop being afraid to post your own self currently swinging a bat or doing the drills. Show us you can do it the way (you say) it's supposed to be done, yourself, with you swinging the bat.

Khowerd

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
My DD went from 14u to 16u softball. DD is still playing softball is as high level as we/I got. Again no agenda. I'm all ears in you want to start another thread on BB/A$$. That is if you are 'agenda free'.:) Floors yours...

rdbass, my agenda is to help kids (no website).. As to bb/a$$ I think we tried to cover that but if you recall it didn't fit with other agendas.. If you have questions send me a PM..

If You think one legged/turn the barrel is where its at have at it...

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
rdbass, my agenda is to help kids
As is mine. That is why the request for you to start a thread on DFP. I tried.... it will be your little secret......
n order to quell the "you haven't felt bb/a$$" nonsense, I'm going to post a swing (with a 33 inch wood bat) executing what I believe BB/A$$ is. When I make the video, I will create a new thread.
I will wait to see/read pstein demo and see if you will help him understand/explain.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Howe, stop being afraid to post your own self currently swinging a bat or doing the drills. Show us you can do it the way (you say) it's supposed to be done, yourself, with you swinging the bat.

Khowerd

I personally don't see Howe as being "afraid". To the contrary, I see him as someone that has taken a position and described it. If you understand his description then you are able to test it out and decide if you agree or not. If you don't understand it, then you are free to ask questions ... .... ... Howe as been quite sharing with information. After all, your concern should be if the information helps "you" and "those you work with". Feel free to show your attempts at trying to understand the information ... I'm certain you'll receive feedback.

Dec 1, 2011
I personally don't see Howe as being "afraid". To the contrary, I see him as someone that has taken a position and described it. If you understand his description then you are able to test it out and decide if you agree or not. If you don't understand it, then you are free to ask questions ... .... ... Howe as been quite sharing with information. After all, your concern should be if the information helps "you" and "those you work with". Feel free to show your attempts at trying to understand the information ... I'm certain you'll receive feedback.

Five - While I don't see you as quite the obstructionist that Howe is, however I personally feel you also are afraid to publish video of yourself attempting to match the high level baseball swing.

We all know why...because the critique of his and your attempts will come and you both are too chicken to publish it. It's a fact jack. It is inevitable. None on these forums are able to exactly match what is taking place during the HL swing. So obviously we will get somethings wrong.

Howe arrogantly slams every video posted that is not in agreement with his hitting theory, all the while cowering behind the anonymity of the computer monitor. He has created a hostile learning environment on this site. Don't post a video cause you will incur the wrath of Howe.

You're coming to the defense of the arrogant bully. Man, to hell with Howe and anyone else who defends his behavior.

The countless threads that Howe hijacked because he is at war with all things HI is getting tiresome.

He could end the war immediately and send HI theory to the ranks of the ignored by just demonstrating to the innocent moms and dads here, the superior understanding he has, with video of himself performing what he advocates.

...one thing you can say about TM...he ain't afraid to show himself demonstrating what he feels and advocates...

Oh Howe's afraid alright.

And Five, no one seen any vids of you either...what you guru(s) afraid of?

IMHO

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
The wrath of Howe???

I don't see it that way.

Then again my interest is in understanding the technical content he brings to the table, screening it with the Hanson Principle, and testing it. I do the same with others. Based on my work in that regard I'd recommend giving his input some consideration.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd