Knob to the ball or barrel to the ball?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 3, 2019
Florida
No one teaches launch angle, it's just a measurement 🤦‍♂️

I implore those that don't know about the HLP swing to honestly research it and educate yourself. Many colleges and high level programs are moving this direction so as a good coach you should ask yourself why are they? Obviously they're seeing the potential benefit.

Like it or not, the game is evolving and you either evolve with it or get left behind.

Jun 8, 2016

I implore those that don't know about the HLP swing to honestly research it and educate yourself. Many colleges and high level programs are moving this direction so as a good coach you should ask yourself why are they? Obviously they're seeing the potential benefit.

Like it or not, the game is evolving and you either evolve with it or get left behind.
The terminology "launch angle swing" probably came from overdosing on Arod's video..

Nov 11, 2019

My daughter is with a hitting coach now who teaches this. Didn’t know it was called that, but that’s awesome. He told me tonight that the concept is for the ball to still be rising as it leaves the infield. It takes work but it is effective

Nov 11, 2019
What I know about HLP so far is it gets your bat on plane early and longer, hands behind the ball and extension should be to where the 2nd baseman plays. I’ve noticed a considerable amount of power increase as she developes.

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
No one teaches launch angle, it's just a measurement

Do you have any links available for this info? I cannot find anything. Thanks.

Aug 20, 2017
Teach what gets the barrel in the zone deeper and for a longer period of time. This is what will build a consistent hitter. Knob to the ball will have the barrel enter the zone late, require hitter to have perfect timing, and exit the zone early. JMO

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06