Knee injuries - stationary MRI vs in motion MRI

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
Thought I would start this as a new thread, didnt want to hijack the other one.

. There are 2 Meniscus, the medial is the one to the inside side of the knee. Dont recall what the one on the outside is called. Tore my medial mmeniscus on my pivot leg in a truck wreck in 1986. Also stretched and tore my ACL beyond repair.

The meniscus is a flexible cartledge like donut shaped gasket that helps hold the head of the lower leg bone in position in the knee socket. The ACL does that also by coming over the top of the head of the lower leg bone.

Meniscus damage is almost always accompanied by stretching or tearing of the ACL. They go hand-in-hand. Dont let an insurgame doctor tell you otherwise. GET THE MRI.

My accident was a workmans comp issue. They did a stationary MRI of my knee, said it had the medial meniscus had a slight tear, nothing to worry about. It gave me major problems including locking up on me a few times. I paid for a dye test outside of WC. They put tension on my knee and the MM opened up and showed a 1/2 inch separation.

Some years ago Ortho doctors got together and invented an mri that is taken with the knee joint in motion and under a light load. I liken it to the motion of a stationary bicycle being pedaled very slowly. It would show damage to the ACL and Meniscus when an MRI laying flat and stationary showed nothing.

This was in the news around 12 or so years ago? Possibly a little before that even. Used to have all the info on it but lost it in a computer crash.

If anyone can research it on-line and post a link, that would be awesome.

Hope this cvan give some another avenue for hope and injury diagnosis for those not aware of this technology..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd