Keeping stats for my 10u Dd

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 16, 2011
SoCal
Hi, Was just wondering what is the easiest way to keep pitching stats for my 10u DD this upcoming rec ball season.
Thanks.
P.S. Great Site!

May 25, 2010
3 tips: Sit, Watch, Enjoy

(repeat)

After each cycle, be sure to give your daughter a hug and tell her how awesome you think she is. :)

Nov 29, 2009
3 tips: Sit, Watch, Enjoy

(repeat)

After each cycle, be sure to give your daughter a hug and tell her how awesome you think she is. :)

Amen... Amen... Amen..........

Stats are meaningless at 10U. Especially in rec. The talent level is so varied most stats you keep are really not a true indicator of her performance.

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
5 years ago I would have given you a different answer. Now, I agree completely with Sparky Guy that stats are meaningless at 10U.

Enjoy watchinng the game and learn all you can about it.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Yes. Park your chair down the line and enjoy some nachos.

If you hear yourself start to say "She only walked 2 and had 5 K's," take a rubberband and snap yourself. Let other people brag on her and practice saying - "She really enjoys it."

One thing I notice some dads and moms saying is "We are working on the drop ball." No, "she" is working on the drop ball.

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
An additional comment:

DD started playing 12U at 11 years old, she is now playing 18 Gold at 15. I have kept stats on her since the beginning and today there isn't one that I can remember; they are on a disk somewhere but who really cares? The fact of the matter is that no statistic that I kept on her matters to anyone but me, why do they matter? They show the level of interest that I had for the last 5 years - nothing more, nothing less.

What matters up to this point is that:
• She and I have had a blast with softball.
• I have caught for her since the beginning and she now teases me that I wear shinguards.
• She and I are having a blast with softball
• I have never missed a game and a couple of weeks ago she told me that I am the only parent that she knows that has never missed a game (I have a softball signed by her high school team thanking me for my support).
• She and I will have a blast with softball
• The Gold team that she is currently on plays on the best fields, against the best teams, at the best tournaments.
• She and I are contacting and communicating with college coaches together

The best statistic to keep is? How much fun is your DD having.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
If you hear yourself start to say "She only walked 2 and had 5 K's," take a rubberband and snap yourself.

Better yet, give the rubberband to your wife and let her snap you with it...she'll have some fun as well.

Nov 29, 2009
One thing I notice some dads and moms saying is "We are working on the drop ball." No, "she" is working on the drop ball.

That is my biggest peeve with parents too. Be it pitching, hitting or fielding. I guess it's like the sports fan who says "WE beat the XYZ team." For some reason some of them never get it when I tell them the team "No, you did not win. YOUR favorite team won." Get a lot of blank stares with that one.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish