Keeping stats for my 10u Dd

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 13, 2010
That's all fine and dandy but someone has to catch for her to work on that drop ball and often times that is me. I don't want any credit for it whatsoever but if I mistakenly say "we're" working on it I'd like the benefit of the doubt.

My two cents.

Sep 17, 2009
10U stats: I know coaches need to keep them on some level (maybe travel where playing time is more competitive, I say not in rec league), but keep them to yourself and trust your eyes first. As for parents, you don't be the parent that keeps their own book, nothing good comes of it (and that's at any age/level)

Good luck with your DD : >

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
That's all fine and dandy but someone has to catch for her to work on that drop ball and often times that is me. I don't want any credit for it whatsoever but if I mistakenly say "we're" working on it I'd like the benefit of the doubt.

My two cents.
I have actually corrected myself, it goes like this. We are working on the drop ball, she is working on throwing it, and I am working on catching it.

Nov 29, 2009
I have actually corrected myself, it goes like this. We are working on the drop ball, she is working on throwing it, and I am working on catching it.

The correct format for the sentence should go something like this. "My DD is working on (Blank) and she is progressing nicely." That way it lets everyone know it's your DD doing the work. They will assume it's you catching for her. Using that format it ensures the spotlight id on her where it should be.

That being said, with the time and resources it requires to learn how to pitch it is a family endeavor. It always seems like the family events are planned around softball pitching practice, team practice and games among other things.

May 25, 2010
That is my biggest peeve with parents too. Be it pitching, hitting or fielding. I guess it's like the sports fan who says "WE beat the XYZ team." For some reason some of them never get it when I tell them the team "No, you did not win. YOUR favorite team won." Get a lot of blank stares with that one.

Nah, if you've invested years of your life and many hard-earned dollars into supporting a team, then you've got a stake in the ownership of the team spirit, a non-quantifiable 'umbrella', of sorts. Some people don't believe in that concept, but those who do are completely justified.

In the same sense, some people are more magnanimous than others when it comes to crediting their children for their hard work or success. And some people are just better communicators. But be that as it may, softball is clearly a team sport and the team consists of far more than just the players and coaches on the field.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish