Kayden 11 yrs old

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
If that's what she felt, that's fine. She used "coil" (her feel) and had success. Extrapolate that into "more coil = more success". :)

In her pitching motion she uses the coil to go forward. the thought of using it to coil laterally was a bit confusing and she was trying to understand it and do it in her hitting. She just started striding to a no stride yesterday and had success. The 3base coach told her she was striding too early and that confused her. A lateral shift with momentum is different than tightening up the coil in her hip but her coach has no idea what she‘s working on.

When I asked how she hit it so far, she said the coil…. Her exact words.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
I was happy to see her posture improve. Yes, there’s lot of work to be done but I’m posting the progress in hope of it helping other beginners. We post professional players against out 8-14 yr olds and of course we don’t look like them.87F3D8FB-4A94-48C8-92C3-62DFD83D33B8.png

May 16, 2019
That's a conversation for her Dad. She only has a couple more weekends with this team.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

May 16, 2019
NO HARM I love your input and invite your contributions, please be yourself....

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
So Kayden totally confused her coach and her Dad by coiling in to a no stride. She said she was using her coil.

Not bad. It’s a start. Needs to TTB earlier, a slight use of the arms instead of TTB. Telltale sign is using the hands at contact. I wouldn’t say it’s a bad case of arm action and simply practicing will help clean it up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nabbott