Just curious

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Our daughter is a pitcher/utility at 16U. She has mostly been a one sport kiddo but got interested in other school athletics in middle school. She is tall and thin so the volleyball and basketball coaches were on her all the time. I think she likes the school spirit a lot too.
She really likes running track and is good at it. She doesn't run any long distance stuff, just sprints and jumping. It has given her that edge I think on the softball field. She comes back into softball with a bigger passion.

Sep 21, 2010
corinth,tx
i have 2 daughters 13 and just turned 11 they both play softball,basketball and volleyball. the older one didnt like volleyball much the first year but as she got better the next year she had a lot more fun, but she learned to dive and be aggresive this last year. i think its good for them to play different sports. the younger one only plays hard in softball so it depends alot on the kid i think. we have a small community here and the athletic girls all seem to play multiple sports here.

Nov 11, 2009
I agree with MrGreen. My DD is currently in physical therapy due to her "other" sport, rather than working on off season pitching and participating in travel ball practice. She could injure herself falling down the steps but her volleyball playing did cause her ankle injury. This very topic is a current source of discussion in our household.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadmad