Jackie Robinson LL team sueing LL Federation

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 20, 2015
NW Az
Here we go! After admitting to wrongful recruting practices (even admitted by their lawyer) they are sueing L.L. for improperly taking away their title. Saying it was because the whole team was black. Unbelievable!!!!! Please don't go down that road.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
Let's keep the discussion to the youth sports issues and leave politics and personal feelings out of it. Otherwise this thread will be coming down pretty quickly.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
it doesn't matter what reason they give for the lawsuit, taking this to court after being caught cheating is bad leadership. If they were claiming that they did not violate any rules that would be one thing, but if they admit to wrongdoing then the only thing they should do is issue a mea culpa and move on.

The last thing the powers that be in any youth sports organization today want to do is give any appearance of racism, i am sure they thought long and hard about this aspect before the decision was make to nullify the championship.

Feb 3, 2011
They broke the existing rules and got caught. The penalty was forfeiture of the title. Case closed. Well, I suppose they could try to argue that the champions from Las Vegas had an unfair advantage based on having newer boundary maps, but that's a Hail Mary, at best.

Not accepting accountability for their misdeeds is extremely poor form. What they *should* have to forfeit is Jackie Robinson's name.

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
I blame Little League. Someone didnt do their volunteer job correctly. The team was able to play right into and through the championship game. Now Little League wants to pull their trophies because Little League messed up.

Hey Little League, you made a mistake by not taking care of the proper paperwork. Fess up and let this league have the title.

The race card though, really? Suing with that? I hate that people want to use that as a crutch.

Mar 20, 2015
NW Az
It's for sure a bummer that L.L. didn't catch the "boundries" thing long before they made it to the LLWS. But thats the way it goes. You didn't follow the rules and you got caught. (whether it was intentional or not) It's a shame Jackie Robisons name is associated with this mess.

Feb 18, 2014
I blame Little League. Someone didnt do their volunteer job correctly. The team was able to play right into and through the championship game. Now Little League wants to pull their trophies because Little League messed up.

Hey Little League, you made a mistake by not taking care of the proper paperwork. Fess up and let this league have the title.

The race card though, really? Suing with that? I hate that people want to use that as a crutch.

The coaches and parents knew what they were doing. It was not a paperwork snafu. It was out and out cheating and their lawsuit shows that they have no integrity. It isn't their title.

Nov 29, 2009
I am willing to bet that L.L. had all of their paperwork 100% in order, triple checked, and then ran it passed their legal team before forfeiting the title from JRW. I wonder if the attorney is doing the work pro bono for the team, or is he taking the parents money?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1