It's a process, enjoy the journey.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 18, 2010

I posted in another thread:

I was guilty of asking for help, then would give my DD a laundry list of things to work on. I was not good at filtering advice and technical terminology. As a result we took several steps backwards. It wasn't until several years in that I realized I was missing the point... this is a journey, a process, and a gift. The gift is the time it takes seeking perfection. That time is precious because it is one-on-one time between my DD and I. Slow down, enjoy (embrace) the process.

Do you know who the pitcher in the above video is?

Can you imagine how many suggestions her mom or dad would get if they posted that video asking what to work on next?

Nov 25, 2012
USA
My guess is Cat as well. Lefty and think I saw another video of her at that age before. Good stuff!

Apr 12, 2015
Cat is a wonderful example of the journey. She was a later starter, and in her own words she was average - on her best days - until she was about 16.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
If I recall correctly, another notable pitcher was told at 12U that she would never do well in the game. Her name is Amanda Scarborough.

Top_Notch

Screwball
Dec 18, 2014
"At one point, a parent came up to my mom and told her that I would never make it as a pitcher and I should probably just stop." - From Amanda's Bio.

I overheard one mom state that "Either you have it or you don't." referring to the ability to pitch as my DD struggled to learn. I hope to prove her wrong as well.

Apr 24, 2014
Cat.
I saw it in Cat's last ride.
Yes, it is a journey. I enjoy the time that I spend with DD.

May 13, 2012
I had to learn the enjoy part the haRd way. DD at 11-12 got out of pitching for no other reason than me and my driving her like I was pushed. She did not respond well to it. She would come in from pitching practice at home in tears and I with blood vessels popping out. We got back in it @ 14 with an adjusted attitude from me and a good PC. Now lessons are fun and we joke and cut up in the basement. The 45 minute ride to and from lessons is when we talk SB, boys, politics, and life in general and it is great.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez