It's a process, enjoy the journey.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 18, 2010

If you listen close, at one point Cat's dad can be heard saying, "I literally can't see it, it's going to hit me right in the head". I can't count how many time I've caught DD staring into the sun thinking that exact same thing.

Jun 18, 2010
*****not safe for work*****

*****NOT SAFE FOR WORK*****

Warning bad language.... but funny.... how many of us have felt like this guy?

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
I had to learn the enjoy part the haRd way. DD at 11-12 got out of pitching for no other reason than me and my driving her like I was pushed. She did not respond well to it. She would come in from pitching practice at home in tears and I with blood vessels popping out. We got back in it @ 14 with an adjusted attitude from me and a good PC. Now lessons are fun and we joke and cut up in the basement. The 45 minute ride to and from lessons is when we talk SB, boys, politics, and life in general and it is great.

Awesome!
I too, have been down this road and had to make the same changes. Thankfully, we ended up with the same results too!

May 13, 2012
Awesome!
I too, have been down this road and had to make the same changes. Thankfully, we ended up with the same results too!

I bet we ain't the only two on the bad parts and I hope we ain't the only two on the good parts after learning the hard way.

Nov 16, 2015
The favorite part of my DD journey? Hands down the 30 minute ride to and from practice. Most of the time its just her and I. We might talk softball for 5 minutes at the most. Otherwise we talk life. I enjoy it so much. Occasionally, she has some homework to do and then its a peaceful, quiet ride. I couldnt make it one night so my wife took her. The first thing she mentioned was the car ride. It is just great bonding time. As an educator, i learned a long time ago that the stronger the bond between father and daughter, the better off the girl will be. As the old song goes, i dont want her "looking for love in all the wrong places." I know its not 100% accurate, but we are just trying to keep her pointed in the right direction.

I have 2 girls playing, one is 11 and one is 13. I spend 5-6 hours a week on the bucket. I actually started sitting on a chair some. seems to work better for me. My tailbone kills, but i wouldnt change a thing.

Jun 18, 2010
3C0BEC57-88F9-4E5F-ADFA-FCCDBB1F2769_zpsxouyrmgh.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smallsize1516