It's a different year in the top 25

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Seeing some traditionally strong teams struggle (Cajuns, UCLA, and some others). Pitching has really become watered down. Very few teams have strong pitchers 1 through 4. Could make for an interesting season and tournament.
Pitching watered down or tighter strike zone? Was there an emphasis placed on a tighter zone this year? In the 4 or 5 games I have watched seemed the strike zone was tight.

Apr 28, 2014
Pitching watered down or tighter strike zone? Was there an emphasis placed on a tighter zone this year? In the 4 or 5 games I have watched seemed the strike zone was tight.
You're onto something. Last Saturday DD pitched a 1 hitter..
Next morning nothing she threw was a strike. Same exact spots... identical.

May 27, 2013

I forget which game I was watching last week but the pitcher was throwing a beautiful change which the catcher was catching just below the knees and every time it was called a ball. I mean, it was floating over the plate just above the knees but it seemed as if the pitches were being called where they were being caught. It was terrible! You could see how frustrated the catcher was getting with the calls.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles