It Passed......

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
After speaking with a coach last night and getting some clarification my best advice and the advice I was given is do not panic. This will benefit many girls that can now enjoy the full process and also financially because many will get better offers due to their development. I will go into effect upon the vote next week if it passes.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
????????
This is the first sentence of the NCAA press release:
"Starting with the next school year, most prospective student-athletes will follow a recruiting model that resembles the schedule other students follow when choosing where to go to college."

We were talking about when the rule would take effect. I was saying it would be next school year. I didn't mean to say anything about official or unofficial visits.
Sorry, I misunderstood what you were trying to say.

Feb 16, 2015
South East
We were talking about when the rule would take effect. I was saying it would be next school year. I didn't mean to say anything about official or unofficial visits.
Sorry, I misunderstood what you were trying to say.

They are two separate proposals. The "early recruiting" should go in affect on the 4-25-18 when the Director of the board approves it. The link you shared will go into affect in September if approved by the Director of the board.

Tom

Mar 13, 2014
Texas
Has anyone seen an actual definition of what is considered "recruiting conversations" under this new proposal? I have heard everything from no allowed communication before Sept 1 (unless at camp) to basic communication OK as long as words "we want you to play here" (or a derivative) are not used. I can't find anything though that defines what "recruiting conversation" is considered to be. My guess it has been ambiguous intentionally.

What I want to find out is if DD (a 2021) can still email D1 coaches schedules, videos etc. in order to be on their radar prior to camps/showcases if this is approved.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
Has anyone seen an actual definition of what is considered "recruiting conversations" under this new proposal? I have heard everything from no allowed communication before Sept 1 (unless at camp) to basic communication OK as long as words "we want you to play here" (or a derivative) are not used. I can't find anything though that defines what "recruiting conversation" is considered to be. My guess it has been ambiguous intentionally.

What I want to find out is if DD (a 2021) can still email D1 coaches schedules, videos etc. in order to be on their radar prior to camps/showcases if this is approved.

Tom, She can and should still email coaches. We will still see coaches watching our age group in showcases because since the early recruiting has been happening a lot of the money for 2019/20 is gone so the emphasis will still be on the 14's this year.

In one of the Q/A's from the NCAA the conversations basically talking about where a kid is on their list and things along that line are banned. It is still legal for a coach to tell a TB coach they are interested in a particular girl but can't expound on that. Can't say she is my #1 catcher target or she is on my A list.

Feb 16, 2015
South East

I would have to think that sending schedules and videos will be perfectly fine. In order for something to be considered communicating it has to be a 2-way street.

Mar 28, 2016
I am not sure how some cannot think this is a good thing for the players. Every college grad I talk to regarding verbals, says it is a great tool for the colleges and generally bad for the prospective student athletes. One lady I discussed this with figures that 80% or more of the verbals that don't work out are reneged on the school side. I'm not sure about the truth in this number and I am not sure how you could figure this out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32