It is called a mound

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 28, 2015
Central PA
A circle? Y'all are too funny... Maybe one game game a season... I generally line a ellipse out there... stupid nail never stays in the ground.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
A circle? Y'all are too funny... Maybe one game game a season... I generally line a ellipse out there... stupid nail never stays in the ground.

Yeah, what's this "circle" you're all talking about. Do you mean the area that's approximately 43 feet from home plate, depending on how carefully I measured that day?

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
I've said it before and I will say it again. If Sue Enquist calls it a mound, its a mound. I know some here will look at her 10+ national championships in various capacities and her won loss record as a player and a coach and say. What has she done lately.

Well when a HOFer speaks about the game, we should listen. 2:30 on this video, although I recommend you watch the whole thing. In fact find the other 4 videos from that day and watch them all.

Jun 11, 2013
Ill allow people to call if a mound if they'll stop calling runs points and start saying the higher score first.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi