Issues with softball.com?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
The dad of one of DD's teammates ordered a set of All-Star catcher's gear a couple of weeks ago from softball.com. Two days later, he was informed that the order was cancelled (something about a misspelling in the shipping address, or something like that). He called customer service to place the order again. This week he received a completely different set of gear (Louisville Slugger). The LS gear was more expensive, and his DD likes it, so they're going to keep it.

Have other people had weird experiences with this retailer?

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
I have never had an issue with softball.com but I don't like their interface, so unless they have a 'sale' I tend to buy from softballsavings.com

May 22, 2015
Illinois
I've ordered from baseball express (same place) a few times and been pretty satisfied. I bought my boy a bat from them a few months ago that was supposed to have free shipping, but every time I tried to check out it would charge me. I called customer service and got through right away, and they took my order over the phone and got free shipping.

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
I have heard many issues with Softball.com, mostly in recent months. Seems like they rarely have things in stock, especially on items that are priced better than other sites. I'd say buyer beware.

Jul 23, 2014
I've gotten several things from there without problems. I have heard of others having some issues though.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
I generally haven't had any problem with them. I once ordered a set of weighted softballs (don't use them but bought them) and there was an issue, there were 4 different weights but we got two of one and none of the other. They corrected it quickly.

Oct 16, 2014
a fraudulent charge was made with my credit card at softball.com (I presume because they kept it on file from a previous transaction). then my credit card was used to purchase $500 in unauthorized transactions all across the Country in 1 day. Besides that they royally screwed up my first order. I won't use them again

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I have read on some pages that some people had some issues with them. Most came from not having
the product they purchased/getting wrong items

Apr 30, 2015
I've used them for both softball and baseball purchases. They are great for me, because their store is in San Antonio, so shipping is quick to Houston. Backordered items will typically not be in stock when their website says that they will be.

However, I did have an issue when I returned a baseball bat (unused, in wrapper), and it took a long time and multiple calls to get the refund.

I'll continue to purchase from them (except for bats - Core only for that).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01