Is this bat drag?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2017
I disagree. Looks like arm bar to me. Her launch position is unlike most elite hitters but I agree that there are more than 1 way to skin a cat. I wouldn’t teach the back elbow to do what this player does

Sep 29, 2014
Sequence, sequence, sequence....I think it's why things get hard to pin down you look at something and it may or may not be the best position but it's not terrible but it is completely out of place because of where in the swing sequence it is.

She needs to get the sequence down first and then lets see what things look like. Get into the proper load/coil position at toe touch and don't begin any forward component before heel drop.

The model swing shown is pretty deceptive and unique, she does not get into a classic launch position, looks like she was taught a stretch then hold technique (usually to get them to stop leaking forward) and she just kept it.

One clue for bat path I've start looking at is the bat knob from the side view we always look at you should never see it....don't do the funcky, silly knob to ball thing but in a good smooth swing the knob goes from catcher to pitcher without you seeing it in a video.

Tex

Sep 13, 2011
Bunt - Slat - Tap
Under normal conditions the batter holds the bat with both hands, with one hand at the knob of the bat.
There are two phrases that mean the same in reference to a bunt, tap, swing, slap, drag, etc:
"Is one end of the bat moving more or faster than the other end" and "Look for the break or twist in the wrist".

Umpire must observe bat movement at time of ball contact.
a) Swing or Slap - either phrase is possible.
b) Bunt - neither phrase will happen.
c) Tap or Drag Bunt - bat moving forward evenly, neither phrase will happen.

Jul 30, 2018
I can't see that. Come on man. Stick it through the fence.

I think it's bat drag, but can't say for sure.

If you think it's bat drag, see Post#9 in this recent thread, it tells you how to stop it.
It's not bat drag, that's bat lag, and getter a better angle or a short clip. This is useless

Jul 30, 2018
View attachment 14718

Confirmed bat drag. You can tell for yourself next time. The hands must never be behind the back elbow at any point in the swing.

She has the same issues I pointed out in Post#10 (opening as she goes forward, elbow down etc), with the same fix at the link. You can fix this in a few days, and be set for a lifetime.
Confirmed, you need to stop giving hitting advise.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi