Is this bat drag?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2019
Love the fact she bats & throws lefty. I like her stance and approach. How how is your daughter and what speed did you have the pitching machine set at?
The heavy dimples machine balls are like trying to hit cannon balls for younger girls. They don’t go very far and you can look silly doing it.
Depending on the speed of the PM I would say she just needs to improve bat speed. Just looks late as demonstrated by the ball coning at the 3rd base side fence.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

The position of the back elbow doesn't always matter. She is developing the hands as a rotational point.

Aug 20, 2017
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

The position of the back elbow doesn't always matter. She is developing the hands as a rotational point.
Even with arm bar you can time it up perfectly. Even with bat drag you can time it up perfectly. It’s still not something you should teach

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
The further back this rotational point is, the better. One should be striving every day to get the bat head ahead of the hands as soon as and as far back as possible.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2019
There in lies the problem. Takes time to adjust to higher velocity.
She got into a bad slump during rec ball, against pitchers way slower than the machine. Although she didn’t crush everything on the machine, I was pleased with it, given it is faster than she has faced. I just want to take this opportunity to correct anything that can be identified in her swing.

Edited to add: I agree this speed will take some adjusting.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2019
She got into a bad slump during rec ball, against pitchers way slower than the machine. Although she didn’t crush everything on the machine, I was pleased with it, given it is faster than she has faced. I just want to take this opportunity to correct anything that can be identified in her swing.

Edited to add: I agree this speed will take some adjusting.
Sounds like a timing issue. Her swing looks good. She’s got to let the ball travel and be patient.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Even with arm bar you can time it up perfectly. Even with bat drag you can time it up perfectly. It’s still not something you should teach

That clip is neither arm bar or bat drag. It just shows different elbow position. The hands are the rotational point the back arm/elbow help setup the rotational point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krugersoftball