Is this bat drag?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2019
I can't see that. Come on man. Stick it through the fence.

I think it's bat drag, but can't say for sure.

If you think it's bat drag, see Post#9 in this recent thread, it tells you how to stop it.
Not the best video, but didn’t want her to see me videoing during tryouts. Going to get one off the Tee later.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Justin Stone video. Watch it, learn what he is teaching. She is slapping at the ball with her arms. She needs to understand how her core/ torso/ rear leg need to be source of power. I have my daughter throw bats as far as she can.

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man

Confirmed bat drag. You can tell for yourself next time. The hands must never be behind the back elbow at any point in the swing.

She has the same issues I pointed out in Post#10 (opening as she goes forward, elbow down etc), with the same fix at the link. You can fix this in a few days, and be set for a lifetime.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I think the swing is OK. Not to bad IMO. I don't think this is bat drag. The hands set a rotational point and the hands start back. The elbow really doesn't lead the hands.

Aug 20, 2017
I don’t think bat drag either. I’d fix her back foot in her stance. It’s flared open. Get it straight and that will allow her to compress her hips (hip coil) in her negative move. Front hip compresses against back hip. Start there and you will see some pretty immediate results

Also, you don’t want to see the hands outside the back elbow. This causes the arm bar in her swing and prevents her from getting to extension. When the lead arm bars the front shoulder takes over and causes hitter to cut the swing off the front hip. I’d guess down and away gives her fits

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole