Is there 50 ways to leave a team?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
DD is leaving her Tourney team after she fulfills her commitment this season. I am very displeased at the running of the team the past two seasons so my question is, should an explanation be given for her leaving or just a note stating she won't be back for the Fall season, or fore-go any note and just walk away saying nothing.

Mar 15, 2010
A simple note stating she won't be back with the team for the fall. The softball world is small and burning bridges is never a good idea.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
Not a you suck kind of note but a constructive note.....NO huh? I'm guess I knew the answer and it didn't include any explanation. I'm sure they know.

Mar 15, 2010
Not a you suck kind of note but a constructive note.....NO huh? I'm guess I knew the answer and it didn't include any explanation. I'm sure they know.

I have received notes like this in the past. There is a common theme amoung the parents who send these types of notes: the concerns/reasons/whines listed in the note were never discussed with me. Now your situation may ne different. If you have spoken with the coach and the behaviors or actions continued after the discussion than you have every right to mention it in the note. If you are bringing up topics never discussed with the coach then don't. That is burning a bridge

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
Most of my reasons have been discussed with the Manager over the past two years. I have shut up the past two months just waiting for the season to be over. You are right about the community being small. Best not to influence anyone that may have a different opinion of the manager that could impact DD's future chances.

May 25, 2010
It's a coin flip, depending on what sort of situation you're leaving.

There are some huge egos out there who don't really want any 'feedback' from the parents despite what they say, whether in-season or not.

There are just so many variables in situations like these. After considering all that you can, you really have to go with what makes you most comfortable.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
If I was you, I wouldn't write a note. I would just say that she is interesting in playing somewhere different and that you won't be back in the fall.

When evaluating players for a team, I'll often talk to their former coaches if they are buddies of mine. If I hear something bad, I wouldn't want that girl on my team.

Oct 18, 2009
Depending on your relationship a short thank you email after the season might work or a short phone call. No need to go into any detail about why. Be kind and take the high road out as you never know when you will run into them again. The softball world is a small one.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
I think I'm opting for the short thank you. Vindictive is my nature but hey, it's not about me is it.

Thanks all for playing 50 ways....to bad "hop on the bus, Gus" didn't win. ;o) Now don't you wish all of life's dilemmas could be solved in 8 posts.

LOL - how nice of a world would that be, IP? When we left my dd's tb team after the fall, we just left. Washed up the uniforms and gave them to the team mom. No need for a note - think my husband made it abundantly clear to him during the last tournament of the season that our dd would not be back. If we burned a bridge, it's sad but something we will deal with in the future. I was like you - thought of doing a little snide email or text to the coach, but didn't see a reason to after I really sat and pondered it. He knew he was an a** and if he didn't, he is more ignorant than I thought! :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonAC