Is crow hopping now legal

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 22, 2008
Be prepared to have your mind blown. I have seen the NFHS video on what defines a "replant" but I cannot copy the video or find the actual link to it. The video posted above is 100% legal under the new rules, and in fact the girl featured in the new NFHS training video jumps out way further than that, she actually looks like a mens pitcher and it is legal per the video.

Jan 22, 2011
The local HS section is having a rules meeting next week. Hopefully they can provide a link to the video we both have seen online, but can’t find on the NFHS website.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
'leaping' is now legal in NFHS. Crow hop/replanting remains illegal.

However, this has been the case in the men's game forever - and crow hop/replanting is never called there, so don't expect it to ever be called.

Aug 5, 2022
No it’s not legal and no it’s not going to be called. Honestly I care less about this than the strike half way in the opposite batters box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
Be prepared to have your mind blown. I have seen the NFHS video on what defines a "replant" but I cannot copy the video or find the actual link to it. The video posted above is 100% legal under the new rules, and in fact the girl featured in the new NFHS training video jumps out way further than that, she actually looks like a mens pitcher and it is legal per the video.

I saw that video, too (I can't find the link either), but I disagree she looks like a men's pitcher.

The big difference is her hands separate before she disengages from the pitcher's plate, and the men's pitchers have their hands together until after they land usually.

Jun 22, 2008
I saw that video, too (I can't find the link either), but I disagree she looks like a men's pitcher.

The big difference is her hands separate before she disengages from the pitcher's plate, and the men's pitchers have their hands together until after they land usually.
She leaps out and lands just like the men do. No, she doesn't have the hands still together but everything else is very similar.

May 13, 2023
Majority of People simply don't have experience watching women's pitching in international events.
Because of that~
Anything that looks slightly different becomes a reaction to difference rather than an understanding it's been around for decades in the women's game.

Oct 9, 2018
Texas
I have seen the video also and can't find the original link either but I do think the video does a good job of explaining the change. I do not think replants will be called going forward unless they are egregious.

Dec 6, 2019
Back leg lands first and knee flexes rearward. That's an illegal replant 100% of the time. But as everyone has noted, it will never be called. Despite what umpires claim, it's very easy to see in real time, but too bad!
1705933593920.png

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles