Introduction Letter - Prior to camp

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
JAD,

I really like the idea of sending postcards to the coaches, since they are less apt to discard something physical than they are an email. I was toying with Vista Print last a couple of weeks ago, but got frustrated once I realized I don't have any quality photos of my DD. I have been sitting on the bucket/3rd base line up until this fall relying on other parents to take pics, not to mention she is on a new team. My iPhone4s doesn't take great pics. Now that you posted this, you are motivating me to give it another try. Thanks.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
JAD,

I really like the idea of sending postcards to the coaches, since they are less apt to discard something physical than they are an email. I was toying with Vista Print last a couple of weeks ago, but got frustrated once I realized I don't have any quality photos of my DD. I have been sitting on the bucket/3rd base line up until this fall relying on other parents to take pics, not to mention she is on a new team. My iPhone4s doesn't take great pics. Now that you posted this, you are motivating me to give it another try. Thanks.

I get a Vistaprint coupon emailed to me at least every other week, so if you are going to use them I highly suggest going online and creating an account so they will start sending you the coupons. I usually save 20% or more on my orders.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2014
I sent this to someone in a PM who had asked what college coaches wanted in an introductory email.....this is my response and personal opinion.....

The best way to get a coach's attention in an email is to have a video clip that automatically displays in the email. Youtube allows you to embed videos within the email. Although, it depends upon the coach's browser whether or not the coach can view it within the email. Most college coaches access their school account thru microsoft outlook. Basically, they want to see your physical skills right away to determine if they are interested in seeing you play live. Is it a failproof system? Absolutely not....I'm sure there are plenty of kids who were good players that didn't stand out in their video. But if a coach sees something in your video that they DO like, they will definitely make more of an effort to watch you play.....and you will also get a reply email, if it is permitted. Other than that, nothing will catch a coach's eye in the email unless you play for a particular travel team that is traditionally a good team.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA