Interesting video

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
I don't personally get that from that video. Down to is across the body, right?

Down to is relative to the pitch.. Sure its going to be more across on inside pitches.

1vLLWMg.gif

bj3lPmu.gif

Oct 2, 2017
Down to is relative to the pitch.. Sure its going to be more across on inside pitches.

1vLLWMg.gif

bj3lPmu.gif
I don't personally see bonds moving in that fashion, imo.

what is relative to the pitch, "down to" mean. Aren't they always "down to" according to how you define it?

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
I don't personally see bonds moving in that fashion, imo.

what is relative to the pitch, "down to" mean. Aren't they always "down to" according to how you define it?

Yea, I know you don't.

In your clip here I would work on keeping the hands back and let the contraction burst to whip the barrel down to. The contraction is directional.. So when working on keeping the hands back let the contraction direct for pitches on the outer half.

IOW's try this movement while keeping the top hand back (don't let the arms go) until the contraction burst occurs. Think stop swing.

ENnopbP.gif

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2017
Yea, I know you don't.

In your clip here I would work on keeping the hands back and let the contraction burst to whip the barrel down to. The contraction is directional.. So when working on keeping the hands back let the contraction direct for pitches on the outer half.

IOW's try this movement while keeping the top hand back (don't let the arms go) until the contraction burst occurs. Think stop swing.

ENnopbP.gif

wow that was a old video LOL. So you see it strictly as the contraction is all that is needed to get the barrel going? It doesn't seem I let my arms out before contraction. I'm having trouble in seeing how the contraction is directional.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
wow that was a old video LOL. So you see it strictly as the contraction is all that is needed to get the barrel going? It doesn't seem I let my arms out before contraction. I'm having trouble in seeing how the contraction is directional.

Clem, here are some of my stop swings with the core contraction. Of course one leverages all available when swinging at a live pitch.

guQt2mY.gif

Bonds, explained it real well here when he spoke (about direction). I will look for the video.

WilWtlj.gif

Found it.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2017

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13