Int or OBS

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 13, 2021
MI
BR hits a slow roller up the 1b line. F3 keeps foot on bag as she stretches up the line to field ball. BR is in the running lane until last step so no issue there. If there is contact between BR and F3 at the bag as all three elements come together (BR F3 and ball) what do you have?

Jun 22, 2008
Without seeing the play for myself can't say. By rule the runner has to give the fielder room to field the ball. If there was any possibility the fielder was going to have the ball first I'd lean toward interference.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Nov 18, 2015
Not an umpire - I’d go for nothing as well. Could be similar to a catcher jumping out to field a bunt. Sometimes you just have to let it play out - there can’t (and shouldn’t) be a rule for every possible scenario - contact at times will occur.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 13, 2021
MI
Comp, I agree with you, as much as I would hope for nothing, if the fielder had a chance to field the ball it has to be interference. Also, hope that any runners who might be on base had a good enough jump to already have the next base. Do not relish the discussion I would have not only calling the BR out, but ALSO having to bring runners back....

Jul 31, 2015
Sometimes you just have to let it play out - there can’t (and shouldn’t) be a rule for every possible scenario

^^^ THIS ^^^^

And constantly trying to apply rules or figure out the nuances of every. single. play. takes the fun out

Let the kids play!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad