Indoor training facility?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 15, 2013
We live in MO. I am just curious how many TB teams have an indoor facility(where they can actually do some fielding, not just cages). Obviously the further N you live the more important this is, but how much of a step up do those teams have?

Oct 2, 2012
My daughters' teams have access to indoor practice facilities. Some is just cages, some is gym space that is rented. We're in NW Illinois. I think it's pretty equal across the area, but I'm not sure. I know teams share the same indoor spaces.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2012
DD's team is the softball arm of the boys travel baseball organization. We get time in their indoor facility one day per week.

It is a warehouse with what loo slike the old green astroturf on the floor. It has three rollback nets that make batting/pitching lanes.

If you roll all three nets back you have an area about the size of a infield. So we can work fielding and throwing drills in the winter and do all the batting we want.

Here in Ohio we have 1/2 the year we can't be outside so we have to have an indoor facility.

We also use a gym at the local turners club once per week in the winter.

Jun 24, 2013
DD’s rec Leaque uses an indoor facility. Jan – March.

The cost isn’t to bad when you spread it around to all the players and make a commintment to be there every week.

I am not sure how important it is, my opinion is not to important but every little bit helps.

Jun 11, 2013
We have one that we get 2 days a week. It has around 6 hitting lanes with a machine on one. 3 pitching lanes also with full size infield. It's not the same as outdoors, but it's great in the winter and early spring. IMHO it makes a huge difference where we live in Northern NV to be able to practice year round. We also can use the cages any time another team is not. It's great for getting a lot of hitting in.

Dec 7, 2011
In southern Cali we just practice on the fields year round. No need to go indoors out here...........

Sorry couldn't resist....... LOL

May fire-ants crawl up your leg and aggravate your unmentionables!!! (spoken in the tone of the Great Carnac - for those that can remember good ole Johnny Carson....)

"Sorry back" WMike - when ya live in the frozen tundra this topic cuts close to the bone.... ;-)

So the TB team we belong to has a wonderful indoor dirt arena where we can at least have the infield in regulation. It's a beautiful thing when others are in a gymnasium.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd