Catcher's Training

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 22, 2022
Hi everyone. My daughter just finished the fall season of 10U and caught about 75% of the innings. She loves catching and wants to get better. Have any of you all used the Jen Schro videos? You only get access for like 90 days, right? Without an indoor facility (besides our living room), is it worth it? Is the winter the best time to do a training video or would you rather do it in the spring or summer when you also have team practices so you can practice/use the skills you are learning?

Jan 22, 2022
That camp seems great, but I am wondering if there is anything closer to NC. My daughter would put pressure on herself knowing that she is flying to a camp far away and that might not be the best learning experience.

Sep 21, 2017
PA
That camp seems great, but I am wondering if there is anything closer to NC. My daughter would put pressure on herself knowing that she is flying to a camp far away and that might not be the best learning experience.
How close to Raleigh are you? I have a trainer there who caught at NC State and gives lessons in the area.

Feel free to send a direct message if you prefer.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
I think the best bet is for you to learn about the position from videos and then teach her what you learn. I think weekly in person instruction with a catching coach is best, but dominate the dish on twitter and instagram has online instruction that is fairly reasonably priced.

Good luck, it is a long and exciting journey!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee