Illegal Pitch?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 12, 2013
Nothing could be further from the truth. It sounds like you are repeating a lot of stuff you have heard from the stands during rec league. I sincerely hope you are not actually training or somehow influencing young pitchers.

unreal.....i can get a point or at least a story across without having to take shots at you. you quote one sentence you didnt like and send me back to rec league. Would it help if I said 70+ or 68 +? 70-71 proves the point more, especially from a release point of about 36-38 feet. I can't educate you any more.

Feb 7, 2013
Riseball - it's unfortunate and disappointing that as soon as someone has a different opinion than you you start attacking them as "left coast" and even saw you post "snowflake" a while back.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
The pitches are illegal, but her leg drive is so weak that I cannot see many umpires calling her on it.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Riseball - it's unfortunate and disappointing that as soon as someone has a different opinion than you you start attacking them as "left coast" and even saw you post "snowflake" a while back.

I thought California, Oregon, and Washington where on the left side of the country? Just trying to understand where the ludicrous sense of perspective comes from. A differing opinion is fine, but making it up is another matter. It seems some are on an island surrounded by reality. I believe that you are from California, why have you not mentioned that leaping and replanting has been taught there for 8 - 10 years?

Last edited:

MTR

Jun 22, 2008

You mean like I was set upon when I disagreed with the alleged IP and the subsequent remarks about umpires...........

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
LOL, that's funny. You called a region worth of umpires lousy and get offended when you are lumped in with them. Watch "Recognizing Illegal Pitches" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/FKXnJYS2QHs

What I said was "Well I've said it before, wherever most of you live, you must have some really lousy umpires based upon the constant whines and declarations of the posters. You know, the claims that the umpires encountered by the posters don't enforce the rules? I'm only pointing out your claims. AFA offending me, that is hilarious. You couldn't offend me if you tried.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
What I said was "Well I've said it before, wherever most of you live, you must have some really lousy umpires based upon the constant whines and declarations of the posters. You know, the claims that the umpires encountered by the posters don't enforce the rules? I'm only pointing out your claims. AFA offending me, that is hilarious. You couldn't offend me if you tried.

Sounds like a challenge ;)

Feb 22, 2013
The rule that you can leap the level of the ground if there is a hole in front of the pitching plate allows the pitcher to "leap", however it does not give them the ok for a "second push" (i.e.replant)

I call it a second push because that is what my dd understands when she releases the ball against front side resistance. My dd's first drag is created by her leg drive (aka Drive Mechanics) and her second push is created by pitching against front side resistance. Comp's post alludes to drag and pivot. Dmystified's post calls it first explosion and second explosion. The DFP sticky's call it Drive Mechanic and Front side resistance. My dd's second push, against front side resistance, occurs with her drive toe dragging on the ground, therefore her drag off of the ground is not one straight or one curved line, but consists of a drag from the mound towards the catcher and then a drag behind her when releasing the ball with front side resistance.

The girl pitching in the OP is driving off of the mound, landing on her left foot and throwing against front side resistance with her toe pointed to the ground. I call it a second push, but here at DFP it is called throwing against front side resistance. No where in this post am I advocating that a girl drive off of the mound, land on her drive foot, bear weight(replant) and get a second push off of her drive foot. I would call that a crow hop.

I do like the 1st and 2nd explosion analogy though.

I did like the youtube video where it said, "If you think it is an illegal pitch, it isn't". I guess the analogy there was if you have to guess whether it is an illegal pitch or not, you shouldn't be calling it an illegal pitch. If you know it is an illegal pitch, then it should be called.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad