Ichiro

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 11, 2017
Seattle, WA
Only because he chose to, watch videos of him taking batting practice...bomb after bomb...when Bonds was Marlins hitting coach guess who he said hit the most HR during BP not Stanton and not Ozuna it was Ichiro and that's 43 yr old Ichiro...Bonds said he could have won the HR derby hands down...Ichiro said he could hit 40 HRs but only if he hit .220 which seems a little far fetched given more walks (pitched around) he would be bound to get but in the end I liked the singles hitter. I'm taking some time off this summer though so maybe I'll go to a game and sit in right field during BP and get a souvenir.

Fully aware of his power as a Seattle resident and huge Mariners fan, man.

Feb 20, 2015
illinois
Interesting read. Thanks for posting. Looks like the ritualistic forced practices as a kid both turned him into a great hitter, and messed with his mind. Hope he can find happiness in retirement. As someone who some times has depressive type thoughts, it sounds like he has some of the same issues. Growing older messes with the mind. You just can't do the things you once used to do. Hard to accept some times.

May 30, 2013
Binghamton, NY
some him a few times in the Bronx...

King of textbook mechanics - both throwing and batting.

and when in the OF, stretching in between every pitch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00